Saturday 18 May 2013

Tying up loose ends: Part 1

The sinister look that sneaked into his features made me realize...

This was all planned.

The whole festival coming to town, the charade that he was funding it and all that crap...

It was all a plot to flame us out. To get us out of the safety of our own home, behind the walls of brick, and into the wide open: the park.

It was still early, with most of the shops closed, and people still hiding under their bed covers, or huddled up in front of the television with a warm blanket.

Oscar would get rid of the supposed loose ends, and no one would even see it.

With a snap of his fingers, people dressed in black emerged from behind walls, out of tents and some even jumped out from between flower bushes.

"You will not ruin my perfect plan, Daniel Jackson. I promise you that." He turned away, leaving us to be pummeled by his henchman. Or whatever dastardly plan he had installed for us.

"What kind of 'perfect plan' involves you getting your own daughter killed just because she didn't want to be a part of your schemes?!" Vala screeched, slapping away the hands that reached towards her, actually managing to knock one unconscious with her mad skills. "The only thing that proves is that you're insane!"
Just an inch before he was at the door of his escape car, he stopped. His face was that of a monster as he turned around to face us again. With eyes that were narrowed, he motioned towards Vala. "Kill her first," he instructed. "Slowly...and make him watch."

History was repeating itself in a way.

It seemed as if time stood still, emphasizing every little detail of the situation.

"Daniel!" Through the chaos that followed, with dozens of men moving to grasp her, pulling her away from me and two of them holding me back, all I could focus on were her blue eyes, filled with fear.

People always say that one's eyes are the window to your soul, and as cliched as that phrase was, in that moment of time, I knew it to be true. In her eyes, she was screaming for help, begging for mercy, calling my name.

No.

She would not end up like Sarah.

I promised to protect her, and sure as hell, I was gonna keep that promise.
"Get your hands off of my girlfriend!"

With a backwards headbutt to release their grip, I managed to get one arm free, using it to elbow one of Oscar's henchman in the face, causing him to fall to the floor with a sigh. The other one came at me, and after successfully ducking his punches, my fist connected with his abdomen, forcing the wind out of him and stunning him long enough for me to deliver a knockout blow.

Two down. Ten to go.

The odds were certainly not in my favor.

The men started to abandon Vala's side, hurrying to catch me again, but I was too quick, my strides fueled by adrenaline. I reached her side, pulling her towards the pavement, to get away from the mob, to find help.

But it was a feeble attempt. A sharp pain in my lower back made me lose control of my legs, and I could only watch Vala fall forward without me, being picked up by dirty fingers that seemed hungry for human flesh.

The sound of a Taser being activated resonated in my ears, but after a while, even that stopped. Unconsciousness was a given, no matter how much I tried to keep my eyes open. Though I wasn't going to give up without a fight.

My eyelids flickered, and each time they closed and reopened the scene before me  changed drastically. Even though my vision was blurry, I could have sworn that I saw a blonde woman approaching the scene, along with a whole squad of men that looked like they were a part of the police... They were extending guns, shouting commands, and Oscar's men were started to put their hands behind their backs. 


A face appeared in front of me with two, huge eyes.  He seemed to be smiling. "I always got your back, bro," he grinned, patting me on the back. Content with the fact that Vala was in safe hands and that both she and the baby were safe, I was allowed some rest...

~

"So what you're basically saying is that...you were investigating Oscar McMullen? That's why you showed up at the park?" Vala was helped into a rocking chair in the nursery that I had helped to build, paint and decorate. Where was I at that moment, you might ask? Lying on the floor, being treated to a massage by my baby sister. The electrical shock to my body hadn't done much damage to the interior, but did give me quite a few bruises on my back. Darcy had been very adamant about taking care of the scars with tissue oil, and as protesting took too much effort. So I gave her free reign.

"Pretty much," Jack confirmed, looking rather pleased with himself. "I thought he would have been long gone by the time we got there, but, being sadistic, he wanted to watch you two being...well, tortured I guess. Damn, it felt good to put a pair of shackles on that guy."

Jack had confessed that he was no longer tied to the Air Force, and had, instead, become a Private Investigator. "What became of you and Sam...?" Darcy hinted at the two of them being a conversation.

The small smile that crept onto Jack's face told me exactly what was going on between them. "There's...small amounts of progress in that regard."

~
The day that Vala gave birth would be one of the memories I would always cherish. Boy, had it been a struggle to get her into the car and off towards the hospital at a speed that was sure to result in a few tickets. She was completely petrified by it all, until my mother and father had stopped by, offering their support. My mom sat by Vala, coaching and comforting her. It was not often that our family could reunite in this manner, so it truly was a special day.

And it was the day Nicolette Alissa Jackson was born.

"She looks just your wife," my mom had smiled as she stroked the newly born baby's cheek. "But she has your eyes."
"And that's how I'm gonna end it for now...," I muttered, closing my digital diary and slamming the laptop shut just as my sister entered the room, with Nicolette (nicknamed Nicki) on her hip, as well as another bun in the oven. It was customary of me to tease her on how she gained weight, but at that moment, I wasn't in the mood for fun and games. After remembering all the stress and drama of the past, accompanied by so many heart-wrecking moments where I thought someone was going to die, I felt exhausted.

"Can I adopt this sweet little thing?" Darcy asked and she tickled Nicki all over her tummy.

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "Why? You have one on the way."

"I know...but this adorable girl is so sweet and hardly complains. Which means she's just like you. God forbid, we don't need another serious bloke walking around."
The face of my two year old was exactly that of her mother's. With a smile on my lips, I looked at the wedding photo that stood on the table in our room.

"I have a feeling she'll surprise you... I think that she's gonna be stronger than any of us. And she'll kick ass. Just like her mother."

~♥~

Ola, amigos! I promised I was going to tie up some loose ends of generation 4, and here is one such a post (yeah, I wrote it in an hour or so, so it's a lot shorter than my generation 5 chapters...>.>) 

Chapter 2 of generation 5 might be out in a couple days, but if it's not, it won't be out for a few weeks then, because my exams are gonna start in a week. 

Help. x_x

7 comments:

  1. I hav been following yoir blogs for awhile and let me say they are amazing. I love your work and when i saw this was i up, i nearly died! Please keep making more, I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu, as well as 'welcome'! It's always a great day to me when I gain a new reader. :)

      I sure will, just need to fix my schedule and make some time for writing...which is gonna be hard. x_x

      Delete
  2. Gah, beautiful. I must say, I like the Nicolette quite a lot :)

    -AL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in the name Nicolette. I don't know why the word *name* didn't get typed

      -AL

      Delete
    2. Hehe, the name "Nicolette" belongs to a friend of mine. That's where I got the idea. :)

      Thanks for commenting, Al!

      Delete
  3. Eeek, I haven't been on blogger for so long, so I was super excited to find out that you had posted this!

    Nicki is adorable! I love how you're tying everything up. Oh my god your writing is amazing as always!

    Good luck with those exams! I shall be waiting for chapter 2. :3

    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is (must be Vala's genes we're seeing ^_^)!

      Thanks, I'll be needing all the luck I can get to pass Maths and Accounting with a good mark. :/

      Delete