Saturday 22 June 2013

A bit of nostalgia ~ how time changes things

This is far from an update, I know, but I was just shifting through some old posts of my 100 baby challenge with Destiny (long before I did this legacy, for those of you who don't know), and I just realized...

...What a complete idiot I was back then. :D

Back in the year 2011, when I started the whole challenge thing, I was actually 14, almost 15 years old, and looking back, you'd think that someone that old would be able to write a lot better than I did. I'm pretty surprised I got so many followers. >.>

I made so many mistakes that I want to kick myself because of it. I mostly wrote "your" instead of "you're", and I did this thing where I said "Kudos" at the end of the post but I didn't even know what it meant (and I really dunno why I added that even). I hardly wrote captions for the pictures, too. I was following the example of other baby challenges, thinking that if I were like them, I'd be a good writer...

And don't get me started on the pictures! Here are some visual aids: 

This is how I used to take pictures back in 2011. It was low quality, there were freakin' holes in the roof that I looked past, and it didn't look very...interesting, to say the least.
And this is how I take pictures now. I'm not saying they're perfect or anything...

They just look a lot better than what I used to take - at least, to me.

I've realized just how time really does change things: You gain experience while doing something, you learn from old mistakes, you make new friends who influence you...

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that, these three years of writing have had a positive influence on me, and I dunno, I want to thank those who take the time to read my story and even leave some feedback. I learned from you guys not to try and be like other writers, and now I'm doing my own thing which I'm proud of.

This post sounds so selfish which wasn't how I intended to make it sound, so I'm gonna shut up now.

<3

*hugs for everyone*

2 comments:

  1. Even in your Baby Challenge I still loved your writing and pictures! But this legacy is just so amazing ; __ ; Seriously, it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurtis, you're right. This legacy is amazing and the pictures are very nice and high quality. You have to see the experience that we take to create a legacy and watch as time has passed, discovering our talents for writing and image have evolved.

    ReplyDelete