Tuesday 3 January 2012

Generation 1, Chapter 5: So many new additions to the family!

Soon after I told Alex about my "theory", I receive confirmation that I am indeed pregnant. I can't help but feel giddy; it has been so long since I had my last baby, and I missed the feeling of being pregnant.
Alex is ecstatic, of course, more than I expected in the first place. When I first told him, he jumped out of bed and grabbed me in a tight hug, almost crying out of joy. He got started on a playground, and, with the help of some construction men, finishes it within the next day.
"So how is my fabulous wife doing today?" Alex asks me, taking my face in his hands in one swift movement.

"Other than the occasional back pains, I'm absolutely, 100% fine."

"And the little one? Everything okay there? I've heard many horror stories about pregnancies and miscarriages... If anything goes wrong, you have to tell me. I don't want you in any sort of danger."

"Sir, yes, sir!" I laugh at his antics. "Honestly, I've survived a lot of pregnancies, I'm sure I'll be able to hande this one!"
"Oh, before I forget, I got you a little present... Well, a few presents to be exact."

"Aw, Alex! You shouldn't have!" I coo, accepting the white box with the red ribbon graciously.
Inside the package is an inflatable ball, and before I can ask "What the hell?", he takes it out and quickly blows it up.

"Technically, that ball symbolizes the real gift... Let me show you."

Alex opens the backdoor and throws the ball out in the garden, where the following scene stuns me.
Outside, near the playground, a rather large dog runs towards the ball and flicks it away with its head.

"What is that?! I can see it's dog, obviously, but... What kind?" I ask Alex in a flabbergasted tone.

"It's a Siberian Husky. I found out it's one of the types of dogs you always wanted when you were a child... So I got one for you. It's a girl, by the way."

"Well, if you're such a good detective, you should have known I liked another type of dog more..."

"I know. I didn't say that's the only dog I got you, you know."
As he says that, I hear loud barks coming from under the jungle gym. Two more dogs are playing with each other. How many dogs did Alex buy?!

"The Labrador is mine, of course, I love those dogs, but the other one... It's a Golden Retriever. The kind of dog you love the most."
The entire evening long, Alex and I spend time with the dogs, getting to know their natures, what they like, and figuring out where they will sleep. I'm against letting my dogs sleep outside in the cold, so we arrange that they have beds inside the house. But before that can be discussed, we first figure out what to name these beauties.
Roxy, the female Golden Retriever.
Akira, the female Siberian Husky with gorgeous blue eyes.
And Ozzie, the male Yellow Labrador, which is the dog Alex always wanted.


According to Alex, the female dogs are mine to handle, and I'm absolutely fine with that. He also hints at getting a pet for the baby, when he/she arrives.
The next morning, I'm up early and on my computer, checking Facebook, but also my email. Among the spam, I notice a few important ones, including one from the doctor's office. I had tests done to determine the gender, and it turns out I'm having a baby girl. So how do I break this bit of news to Alex, when he's probably hoping for a boy?
The activities for the day are already planned - we're taking the dogs out to the park for some running around to stretch their legs, but to also socialize with any other animals they meet.

"Would you like to sit on the swing for a bit, Misses Webber? I'm sure your feet are killing you...," Alex suggests to be, after seeing me touch my back with a pained expression.

"Ugh, you're such a worrywart! I'm FINE. But if it'll put your oversensitive mind to rest, then alright, I'll sit down."

"I'm not oversensitive," Alex counters, muttering while he leads me to the swing. It seems he had an ulterior motive for suggesting I sit down, and he starts to push the swing forward.
"H-H-HEY!" I yelp, trying to bring the swing to a halt. "You didn't say anything about actual swinging. I just wanted to sit for a bit."

"Well, while we're here, we might as well enjoy the feeling of being a child again," Alex laugh, continuing to push the swing forward.
The next stop for the day is the local swimming pool. As the weather at the beach isn't all that pleasant, the pool is the better option.

My baby bump looks much much bigger in my swimsuit, and of course Alex notices it.

"Hey, there, junior... Hopefully you're not causing to many hassles for your mommy!" Alex murmurs as his hand caresses my belly.

"Oh, nothing I can't handle!"

"Which reminds me... Do you know the gender yet? It's fine if you want it to be a surprise."

"Alex...," I trail off. "I got the test results this morning. I wasn't sure how to break it to you, or if you'll take it as bad news... Junior is going to be a girl."

"But that's fantastic!" he smiles. "I've always wanted a little girl who I can spoil with teddy bears and barbie dolls."
Some stranger that walks by comments on how I would easily lose a breathing contest because I'm pregnant. Being hormonal, I can't help but be insulted, and I bet five bucks that I can beat Alex - which he doesn't take too well, but agrees to participate in my little bet.
And I'm five bucks richer, seeing as I easily beat Alex, who can't stay under for long.

"You had an extra pair of lungs breathing for you," he splutters.

"Oh, shucks, don't be such a bad sport! Women don't even use the full capacity of their lungs. Men do. So I beat you with unfair odds."
Just to wipe the heartbroken expression off of his face, I splash my husband with water, full in the face.
"You are so done for, missy. I'll get you. I swear I will...," Alex threatens in a dark tone.

"Please don't. I was joking. Seriously, I was! Um, look there, there's a bird carrying a banana!" I try to distract him, hoping to get to the side of the pool so I can run away.

Suddenly, Alex bursts out laughing. "Man, you should have seen your face! It was just too funny! Honestly, Des, I was just kidding."
With a relieved sigh, I climb out of the pool. We both dry ourselves off, laughing about the bad joke he made. I call the dogs out of the water, but they;re version of drying off leads to us being wet again.

"Gosh, now I smell like wet dog... This is bad," I sniff.
After all that fun, I'm dead-beat tired, and just want to relax at home, so that's what we end up doing for the rest of the day. As sunset approaches, and after I had myself a nap, Alex leads me outside to the porch and we enjoy the rest the evening outside.

"Hey... Did you really mean it when you said you're okay with the fact that we're having a girl?" I hesitatingly ask.

"Of course I am. To me, it doesn't matter what gender, as long as we do have a little kiddo running rampant across the yard and in the house."

"And THAT's why I love you so much," I smile, kissing him solidly on the lips.
That night as I'm getting ready for bed, my hand automatically flies to my belly, as I stand in front of the mirror. I look HUGE. Should I consider that maybe, just maybe, I might have twins, or even triplets?
To lie on the bed and go to sleep for eight hours is tempting, but I can't find it in myself to go to bed. Something in me just wants to stay awake, which the doctors say is unhealthy...

I end up fiddling with the dishwasher a bit so it could stop its incessant clattering. Alex then calls me back upstairs with a quiet "Honey!".
"I thought you'd be in bed by now... I was going to show you my surprise tomorrow morning, and I wanted you two to be well rested by then," Alex accuses me.

"Can't sleep for some reason. But what is this surprise you're talking about?"

He goes on to ignore my question, leaning his ear against my tummy, then going ahead to talk to it.

"Hi, my little angel. Daddy has already renovated your room for you, so you have a great place to sleep when you arrive..."

"A room?" I gasp. "You renovated the spare room into a nursery?"

Alex smiles, and simply opens the door behind me.
What lies in front of me is a breath-taking room, with soft colors and a lot of toys, specially for the baby. I almost weep with joy, because it looks perfect for the baby!
"Getting comfy, huh?" Alex eyes me as I walk straight to the chair in the room, and sit down on it.

"Hmm mm. Definitely. I think I'll sleep here tonight, on the floor... Alex, it's beautiful. Thank you so much for going to all this trouble. I don't even think I could do a better job!"

"Wow! That's one serious comment, if I managed to do better than you at renovating a room."
The time for the baby to come finally arrives the next morning as I'm making breakfast. Seeing as Alex hasn't experienced anything like this before, he has a rather strange reaction to the labor scene.

"OH MY GOD. The baby is coming! The baby is coming! What to do, what to do... Call your parents, my mom, your kids? What about an ambulance?!"

"An ambulance would be fine, usually," I force through clenched teeth. "What I would like for you to do right now... Stop. Freaking. Out. Drive. Me. To. The. Hospital.... owww! And for Pete's sake, put on some clothes!"
As I'm inches away from the hospital's door, Alex just stops, and bursts out clapping.

"I'm going to be a daddy! Des, honey, this is the best day of my life, other than our wedding day..."

"Alex, honey?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up. And follow me inside."
It's an arduous process, as I decide for a natural birth yet again, and then there's finding an available room for us to stay in and all that shenanigans... But luckily that passes.

The important thing is that we come back home with the latest member of the family, a beautiful, petite baby girl, completely healthy and normal looking.

"What do you think we should name her?" I ask Alex. He ponders the question for a minute before answering.

"How about... Kaylin? It's similar to the name my sister had when she was born... Kaitlyn. Unfortunately, she was stillborn, and never got to live. I think that would be nice... If you're okay with it."

"Kaylin...," I muse. "I love that name."


~♥~

This post is dedicated to the one baby (Kaitlyn) of Destiny's that never featured in the blog, who was lost in a old save file as a result of some CC that went jumbo.

So, thank you for reading this, and hope you will be following this legacy as it FINALLY continues to produce heirs. 


Have an awesome day, and good luck to all those who have returned to school again!

:)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I kinda just figured out this would be a legacy...stupid me...but still, Kaylin will be one cutie, I can tell :)

    I so thought she was having multiples, because on facebook you said welcome the new additions, but now I see that it's lots of DOGS! :) the dogs are too cute <3

    Great chapter, can't wait for the next one!! (as usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE this. <3
    I think the days of the pregnancy were adorable to the nines, with Alex being all cute and fatherly.
    One of my favorite scenes was when they were at the pool and teasing one another...that actually reminded me of a scene that I did in my blog with Amber and James a few months ago...we really ARE twins. :D
    Also, I am in love with the nursery...it is literally the sweetest thing. I love how you chose purple to be the main theme rather than pink, considering how cliche pink is. -_- ^_^
    KAYLIN! I love that name...adorable... Kaylin and Soren, eh?
    Can't wait for more, my dear! <3
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doggies are so cute!!! It seems like Alex got a bit carried away when he adopted them all and btw, I love the names you gave the dogs, they're so creative! I especially love the husky, Akira.

    OMG, Kaylin is a beautiful baby! And I know she'll be even more beautiful and jaw dropping when she's an adult. *coughcough*

    I love the fact that Alex was so happy about having a baby and even more happy about having a girl! Darn it, I wish my computer had internet so I could update my game. My babies' heads are still messed up. :p

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I. Loved. It. <333

    Alex, he's such a cutie. You two are a match made in heaven.

    ^ He's full of surprises though isn't he!?

    Your dogs, they're all so cute!

    Kailyn, awww. I like how it's meaningful, to Alex with his sister and the baby that was lost in your baby challenge.

    And the Webber name, trends!

    -Liana.

    P.s. the nursery was so lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dessie,Kailyn is sooo Cute :) (:
    I really like the Nursery too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This was too adorable! The nursery is gorgeous...the family looks great...having that many dogs...and getting another one for the baby? Holy moses, you're in for it! LOL Great as usual!

    ReplyDelete