Saturday 3 March 2012

Generation 1, Chapter 13: Please, let my future be good and not bad

~♥~Kaylin's POV~♥~

Time has literally whizzed past us all lately, as if someone has a remote control, controlling our lives, and permanently placing it on fast forward. It pays off to spend a few minutes a day with my guitar, reflecting on everything that has happened...
Bridget had become a child, and she was awesome; bright, intelligent, (almost) always happy. After my mother had discovered her playing with Keegan, the Cursed Doll, as we call it, we had been fearing that she would become crazy about it. But she didn't - the doll had instead disappeared, and we hadn't seen it since. Not that any of us wanted to go looking for it.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of our problems.
I had been on the phone, talking with a friend, when I saw them: Bridget and Keegan, playing in the backyard. It was unmistakably him - the same dark hairstyle, the exact same clothes... It was disturbing to see.
He saw me, there was no doubt about it; I was literally standing there in front of the window, gawking. Keegan cast those dark, cold eyes on me, and I almost had a mini freak out. Hate was the only emotion that hid in those eyes.
Things definitely didn't get better. Keegan wasn't planning on magically disappearing. In fact, he was now permanently housed in the real world. But the worst thing was the impact he had on Bridget's life. 
No longer was she the sweet, vibrant girl we knew and loved. She turned as cold as him, and accepted a darker tone when it came to choice of style. I can't even keep count of how many times mom and dad sat down with her and told her she was making the wrong choices. After a while, she just refused to talk to them at all. Funnily enough, she still talked to me (not that I wanted to). It gave me the chance to see what's going on in her mind, and what nonsense she caused at school.
For instance, I found out that she had slept with the guy, against many people's objections. But that's who Bridget has become: someone who doesn't care how other people feel.
Bridget's room was also something that I'd rather not discuss. It had a very dark, rebellious tone to it. Many of the furniture came from the street, or Keegan had helped her steal it. Of course, mom and dad didn't know how her room looked. She had set up a new room in the attic, and as they never went up there anymore, they never found out.
I had only been up to her room once and never again. Quite frankly, I liked it that way. The one time that I was there, I had seen too much. On her bedside table, there was a Voodoo doll... A freakin' Voodoo doll! What kind of crap had Keegan gotten her into?

At least Keegan, my awesome brother, has a happy story.
Keegan became the socialite of the school, after reaching success in the school's football team, and becoming best player. Every girl wanted to date him. Keegan was, of course, aware of his fame, but didn't use it to his advantage. It might have been because he didn't have time to date anyone, seeing as he had a rough training schedule, but it might have been because he hadn't met Miss Right yet.

A big stereotype hung over his head, as everyone believes Jock-type people to be dumb. Keegan was far from it; in fact, he was quite talented in other areas. He's a fantastic writer, and that's actually how he landed his girlfriend who, in the end, became his wife.
Their entire relationship started at school. They had many classes together, and in one class, he had sat next to her. Just sitting there, looking at her, he somehow knew she was the girl for him. He tried to woo her, but to no avail. In the end, he wrote her an amazing poem, and sang it to her in the school's assembly. From that day, they have been dating.
Before we've even officially graduated from school, Keegan popped the big question to her, afraid he might lose her. Luckily for him, she said yes, and they had a private ceremony.
"Kaylin! It's time for you the get ready! You're graduation ceremony starts in about 45 minutes, so please hurry," my mom's brassy voice interrupts my thoughts, snapping me back to reality. It feels as if I've been standing here for hours, just thinking back on my life.

But enough of the past. Today marks the beginning of a new future to me - I'm graduating and moving out of my parent's house.
My parents proudly accompany Keegan and I to the ceremony, and wish us good luck before going to take their seats in the hall. The speaker drags on forever on the topic of "The future of our fantastic students", but finally, he does manage to shut up, and takes his seat. As valedictorian, I have the (awful) honor of delivering the goodbye speech for our entire grade. I try to keep it lively as possible, but with all goodbyes, it always ends on a sad note.

"School is the place for making the greatest friends, where you battle against your arch-enemy, where your heart gets broken but also somehow gets mended. It's a place where the greatest memories are made... And we should hold on to those memories, always and forever." The last syllable isn't even out of my mouth, yet the crowd rise in a uproar and cheer as they clap. The names are read off of the list, and diplomas are pushed into our hands.

As I walk out the building, I feel as if I no longer have the world's weight on my shoulders. I'm finally free, free of the duties school have, and the awful exam times. I don't care who's watching, I just throw my diploma into the air.
Keegan also graduates with highest honor, but doesn't freak out as much as me about his freedom. He already has a scholarship to a sports academy, a contract with the place he will be employed at after college, and a wife; I guess there's not much freedom in that.
Mom and dad are quiet while driving me back to the house. No one comments on what they're thinking on how Keegan ditched us to be with his wife - in fact, everyone has something more important on their minds. I know that my parents are going to sit me down and ask what I've planned for my future. Thank goodness I already have that planned out.

"After thinking about everything that has happened recently, and having to incorporate my talents into my future... I've come to realize that music is where my muse lies. I want to become a musician, perhaps even a singer."
"That is quite a choice you made there, Kay-Kay... You sure you don't want to do something in the business direction? I do have contacts in the city who could help you out if you went into business, or even politics," my dad suggests after a moment passes.

"Shhh!" my mom stops him from saying anything else. "Alex, honestly, you should know by now that Economics isn't something that interests Kaylin. My dearest daughter, I think you've nailed it. It suits your personality, and out of experience, music will be something that you can enjoy."

That is why I love my mom so much. She's someone that tries to understand the deeper side of a person, and she does it really well.
We all try our best to hide our tears as we embrace each other. My dad warns me that if any guy abuses me, I should just give him a call and he'll come over to my house and beat him up. My mom is talks in a much warmer tone, wishing me good luck and that I should call her when I settle in and get a job. Bridget doesn't come down to say goodbye, but it hardly bothers me.
I tiptoe upstairs, trying to contain the excitement that's in my heart. My bags are packed, but I wasn't going to be leaving just yet. With all the excitement that has been going on, I haven't had a chance to research what city would be a good place to start at. On my desk lies a few brochures that my mom had brought up earlier this week. Lazily browsing through them, a flashy heading catches my eye. "Where all your dreams come true... Starlight Shores is the place for all those hoping to reach stardom."

Starlight Shores? That sounds fancy. Now, how much would an airplane ticket to this place cost, I wonder...


~♥~

Thanks for reading this chapter! We've officially reached the end of this generation... *sniffle* Anyhoo, you must all have figured out what Kaylin's future will be all about; trying out the new careers that Showtime has to offer.

Now, at the end of the last post, I had promised to explain everything I had been doing... And that's what I'm gonna do now.

Originally, I had been planning to follow the rules and stipulations of the Life As We See It legacy challenge, but some of the stuff were just really ridiculous for me. I'll be incorporating some of the stuff from it - hopefully not too much. My legacy will pretty much be like this; every generation, the heir has to follow an entire different career than the last, and their personalities must also vary from their parents'.

Now, about the Age Freeze potion... This is a twist I've added to the legacy, seeing as I can't bear my sims dying of old age. At the end of each generation, the previous heirs will drink these potions.

Did I cover everything? Any questions?

Have a nice day!

:)

19 comments:

  1. Wow, Kaylin is so pretty! I'm sure her generation will be amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll do my best to make sure it is amazing, not to mention mind boggling. :)

      Delete
  2. This was a great last post of generation one, Destiny!

    I like your idea with the age freezing potion. It'll be interesting when we get to generation 10 and Destiny and Alex and Kaylin (etc) are still alive. :3

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly will. I'm thinking of holding a HUGE family reunion... It'll be fun, but hard to manage!

      Delete
  3. Woooow ohmygosh Kaylin is soo beautiful!! <3 And Destiny and Alex look awesome, as always :D

    Bridget...what the heck?? I don't like her anymore...sorry, Destiny, but she seems scary :/

    GREAT CHAPTER I can't wait 'till Gen 2!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOOOOW! Alex's genes came through strong, and I'm SO happy about it.

      I'll do my best to make sure you DO like her, some time later in the future. >.>

      Thank youuuu! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read Kaylin's generation!

    I also like the Age Freeze idea. You could have some huge reunion at the end if you really wanted to.O.o

    Bridget... Bridget scares me, but fascinates me at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my best to get the new chapters out real soon. :)

      I'm actually planning on holding a reunion! It'd make for some interesting photos.

      I have the same reaction each time I look at her, and I;m the one controlling her. O.o I have a wicked mind.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. WOW!
    Great post Claire, I love Kaylin but brigit WOW she is scary!
    Anyway loved the post and I can't wait for the next Chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a question:
    Do you have Nraas Porter so you will not lose any relationships if Kaylin moves to Starlight Shores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was asking this because I want Riley to become a singer and test out STarlight shores so I probably will need the Porter

      Delete
    2. Nope, I don't have that mod. I'm currently keeping my game mod free - so no, Kaylin doesn't retain any previous relationships, which sucks, but I can deal with it.

      Delete
    3. Okay that's sucks too but I guess you have to deal with it, I am still de deciding if I should do that and when you said mod free is that just Nraas mods?

      Delete
  7. All your children are so lovely.
    Bridget is friends with Keegan?! Oh, god. They're together and she's become gothic and made a secret, dark attic bedroom. Destiny, Alex.. I think you got a problem child on your hands but she's still pretty(a)
    Keegan (son) is so handsome and congrats to him for getting married!
    Bridget will be so successful in the music industry.. I just know it! And I can't wait to see her generation evolve, if she's anything like Dessie, she'll be fabulous.
    The Age Freeze potion sounds a good idea, I couldn't bare seeing Des and Alex old... I think i'd cry knowing that they could die, but now they won't.. YAY!
    Can't wait for your next post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shucks, thanks! Destiny and Alex have such great genes. :)

      I believe so too. Let's hope she'll get better in the future.

      I think you mean Kaylin *cough* I hope so too. That part of the game hasn't bee played yet, so, you never know!

      I can't bear it either. -_- Destiny was like, the first sim I had played for a REALLY long time, so it would be hard to let her (and Alex) go... But now I don't have to!

      Thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete
    2. Oh, jeez, It's because I was thinking about the whole Keegan-Bridget thing -_- KAYLIN WILL DO GREAT IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, I JUST KNOW IT ^_^

      Delete
  8. This is amazing by the way! I can't can't wait to see what you do with the next generation!

    -Fawnester

    ReplyDelete