Saturday 10 March 2012

Generation 2, Chapter 1: Starstruck

Never have I been so excited before.


After a long, arduous flight to Bridgeport, I had to rent a car to drive all the way till before Starlight Shores, where dad arranged my new car to be dropped off. Dumping the tiny rented car, I jump into my new Renault ZOE, and speed off into Starlight Shores. It's hard to adapt to the fact that this town will be my new home. Far away from all my relatives - a new beginning.
As I speed my car through all the streets with hardly any effort, I do take time to enjoy the scenery. Starlight Shores is full of grand places. And by grand, I mean that these houses would literally cost millions of dollars. Sadly, these stylish homes won't house me.
My house?

It's more of an apartment than a house.


My apartment is located deep into town, almost at the edge of the other side, where a road is located that leads to another city. It happens to be the only high rise the town has, which baffles me: If this place is so fancy, why aren't there many tall buildings?
A quick ride up the elevator (did I mention we never had those in Sunset Valley?), and I'm at my new apartment. It's very modern, seeing as I had instructed people to decorate it to my taste. But to be honest, I would be happy with a cramped-up apartment - as long as I get to call it mine. But that's what you get when you have rich parents.
I place the keys to the door on the counter top, and quietly move to the lounge area which is filled with windows. The view from above is amazing. I don't think ol' Sunset Valley can beat such a view.

Another two hours fly by, as I pack out my clothing, and get settled into my new home. Honestly, living on my own... It's lonely. The quietness is driving me insane, so I jam a button that turns on the stereo. But it's still not enough.
Down the elevator again, I climb back into my car and drive around the town aimlessly. The buildings and signs that flash by are unfamiliar, making me discouraged to stop at any of them. But like my mother once told me, "You have to stop being shy sometime or another." And so I stop at the nearest social hangout.
It turns out the place I'm at is a karaoke bar, which is fine...for other people. I like performing and all, but not to upgrade my own status, like these hooligans are doing. The current singers are two men, and they definitely can't sing to save their lives. One is always off note, while the other is trying to make their own mix of the song.
Mostly ignoring the spectacle that is going on in front of me, I turn to the newspaper in front of me, catching up on what's going on in the town. The front page is cluttered with gossip, which I scowl at. These people have no lives, other than their celebrity status.

"I saw that you didn't really listen to our performance. How come? Were we not fantastic to your sense?" I look up, rolling my eyes, to see the brown-haired singer standing in front of me, with a HUGE attitude pose.
"Were it not fantastic that one guy kept going off the rails when it came to pitch, and that the other one wanted to rap? Yup, it was definitely NOT fantastic," I respond, folding my newspaper and dropping it on the counter.

"...Wow," he says after a minute's speechlessness. "You're definitely not from this town. Don't you know who I am?"

"A humongous egotist, only interested in wooing ladies for pleasure? I think I know who you are."
My chair's legs make an awful sound as I quickly skid it backward and get up to escape from this random guy. Unfortunately, he doesn't let me pass without another try at a conversation.

"Hahaha...," he chuckled quietly. "I like feisty girls. Come on, kitten. Why don't you come with me? I'll show you around town, we'll get a bite to eat... Then we'll see where it all goes."

I almost chuckle out loud. All this reminds me of what my dad told me when I walked out the door. "If any guy tries any funny business with my daughter, just call me, and I'll come there and beat them up with a crowbar."

"No thank you, I don't date boys who aren't mature. And you're a bit on the sleek side, so, double no."
With a walk of confidence, I strut out of the bar. It's not long till I hear another set of footsteps, rushing after me.

"WAIT! HEY, wait up!" He yells, and I pause for a moment. "Please, pretty girl, just give me a name. That's all I ask."

I smile, shrugging. He might just as well know the name of the girl he'll never get.

"It's Kaylin," I say over my shoulder, then I quickly get into my car and speed away to my apartment.
A shower is something I drastically need. For almost half an hour, I stand under the water, just letting it drip off me. It's a great stress reliever, after all the hectic events of the day. Letting my hair hang loose so it can dry off by itself, I lazily put on my PJ's, and trudge off to the kitchen to make some dinner.

My cooking is horrendous - honestly, I don't even know how to operate a microwave. The best I can do is whip up some Autumn salad. Halfway through mixing the ingredients, there's a rather loud knock at the door.
"Who is it?" I call, hesitating to open the door.

"Someone that REALLY needs to pee right now," the answer comes back.

Cautiously, I open the door, revealing a colorful dressed person, that looks hauntingly familiar.
"Bridget?" I ask, frowning.

"Oh hey there, sis. Mind if I use your bathroom quickly?" she smiles broadly.

~♥~

I'm really excited because I have Showtime, so I'm not gonna add too much info here...

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

:)

21 comments:

  1. Great Chapter Claire!
    Surprise Surprise seeing Bridgit there!
    I loved the chapter sooo much and cannot wait for the next one, the story line with Kaylin and that guy is soo funny, I could see them dating for awhile! And I LOVE the aprtment, does it come with that town?

    ANYWAY GREAT AS ALWAYS CLAIRE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to ask what do you use to write your chapters?

      Delete
    2. Nope, it was an apartment from Late Night. I just decorated it to suit my needs.

      And to write my chapters... I don't quite understand? I write it myself, here on Blogger. I don't use Microsoft Word to save it or anything, preferring to save it here instead.

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
    3. Okay thanks I just wanted to know that :)
      Great chapter!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your chapter. Nice twist there with Bridget I did not except that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you'll enjoy the next one, as well! :D

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I knew one of those guys was going to go after her ;) I just hoped it was the guy with the hat, because he seemed better from afar.

    Anywho, BRIDGET? What happened?? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy with the hat?!?! He looks creepy to me - he's actually an NPC, which explains the creepiness I get from him. >.>

      Bridget, well, she's just a free spirit. ^_^ Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, Bridget is here.... :O I didn't even recognize her at first. Omg, this is a great start!!!! :D

    I'm really looking forward to seeing how Bridget and Kaylin cope having to live with each other.

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they can cope at all, that would be awesome. It won't be so easy... *cough*

      I thought a new look would do her good! She might actually get a few more new looks. seeing as she likes to change things.

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. First off. BRIDGET! You were right about not leaving us hanging. First post and she's back already.

    Second of all, please don't let Kaylin get together with conceited brown haired dude. I like him not. Unless you make him nice. In which case, feel free to.

    Thirdly... lovely post-y ness. I love new posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. I love her too much to leave her out. :D

      Well, the second post is already done - I can tell you this, the brown dude will be there again, but doesn't necessarily mean she'll be getting together.

      THANK YOUUU! ♥

      Delete
  6. This is really great...I can't wait to read more!

    With Bridget...I actually like her look better than her teenage version and I can't wait to read more about her! Kaylin also looks better than ever...I like her hair...

    I'm excited to hear how Kaylin's personality clashes with the guy...I like how she speaks her mind.

    I thought there'd be highrises too...guess I'll build a bunch...

    Has your game been having problems since getting Showtime like randomly freezing or crashing?

    Awesome post!

    -Fawnester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, someone likes the look - good to know!

      She gets the "speaking her mind" quality from her mother. ^_^

      I know, it's really sad. It's a fancy town, based off of Hollywood, yet no high rises. :/

      I haven't experienced any, other than one time, but that's when I forgot there was an outdated mod in my game that I almost never used.

      Thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete
  7. WOW! this post is amazing.. i loved it!
    i can't wait for the next post. i can't believe it was bridget at Kaylin's door..
    i cannot wait to play showtime for myself, you definitely made it look really awesome so far.
    -violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaaaank you! That really means a lot to me. <3

      It definitely is an awesome game! Hope you enjoy the new features. :)

      Delete
  8. OMG. I thought it was a stranger.. Not Bridget. Love her hair though, it really suits her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O_O I wouldn't open the door if it were a stranger... That'd be creepy. thank goodness it was Bridget and not some hobo.

      I think it suits her as well - those are some of my favorite colors, actually.

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cassie! Glad you like it. :D

      Delete