Monday 12 December 2011

The battle for a dress

A big thank you to imey82 for gifting the Rose household "The Tiny Spike" hairstyle. This cute little hairstyle has already been put to use in my game!

:)
What causes all the excitement in the house, you may ask? Recap: Alex, my awesomely handsome boyfriend, proposed to me a little while ago. Not only that, but my baby challenge is done, and now I can get on with a life that doesn't completely revolve around having kids all the time.

Each time I look at my hand I can't help but freak out; on my left hand's ring finger is my engagement ring, which consists of silver plating and a big ruby (which is coincidentally my birth stone). I often wonder how Alex could afford such a expensive thing, seeing as he's on vacation, and even when he would be working, he wouldn't get a lot of money.

For now, Alex is not wearing an engagement ring, not out of shame because he is a guy that would be wearing a ring, but because he didn't even think to buy himself one yet.

Every time I am not busy and want to spend time with my fiance, he is either busy with work, or the boys have him occupied, playing video games. I wouldn't even dare steal him from them, or I would get the 'silent treatment' for days.
With the flurry of excitement in the house continuing to rise, I've hardly spent time with my pet baby, Chica. Looking at her cute, excited face makes me feel extremely guilty.

"I promise, little girl, that I will spend more time with you... Or at least, I will give you to one of my kids when they move out. I'm sure they would love you just as much as I love you...," I sigh.

The news of my engagement is mostly accepted by the girls, but the boys show no interest, but only sigh and continue with their video games.

"I KNEW it would happen! Why else would the guy be living with you already...!" Sindy cheers.

"Aw, honey, I can't hide anything from you girls, can I! To be honest, Alex's proposal was definitely a surprise to me..."
We both grow silent as we hear footsteps descend down the stairs, and a few seconds later, Mei peeks around the corner.

"While you are in a seemingly good mood, can I ask you a favor...?" Mei takes a breath, then starts off with her question. "Could we perhaps take Nicki with us? The house would be pretty boring without a pet, and as we don't know where to begin looking for one, I thought I would ask."
Nicki is one of my precious babies that I love to have in the house (and to snuggle with at night when Alex wasn't around), but she is also one of the strings that still connects me with Dwayne.

I think it through, then finally sigh. "Okay, sweetie. You can take Nicki to live with you. But you should know that means you're aging up and moving out tomorrow morning..."

"We love you so much, mom!" Sindy and Mei chorus, and hug me tightly.

Just as I had promised them, I let the triplets age up and move out.
Luke Rose
Mei Rose
Sindy Rose
Alex and I haven't even officially started talking on how the wedding reception should look, where it will be located, how many people would be invited, and so on, but I can't get one thing out of my head: what dress would I wear? With that thought in mind, I call up the crazy people that usually come to help me when I'm in a tight spot.

"DESTINY! WHY didn't you call me after he put that ring on your finger?!" Calista yelps, with Liana standing by her. "For once, I'm not the first to know something about you and Alex, and that sucks."

"I'm agreeing with this blue freak next to me; you should have called. Oh, and we brought a friend along with us today..."
Walking behind Liana and Calista, is Skye Everard, a fellow challenge mother and friend. This is the first time I'm meeting her in person, and I can't help but be a tidbit jealous; she's so skinny!
"Hey, Skye! Eh... Could you perhaps explain why these two are so wacko today? Usually they act normal...ish. But today... Wow. Just wow."

"Oh, THAT. Well, we stopped at the diner for a bite, and I think both of them had a little too much cheap coffee, which made them hyper."

With those words, I learn the very important lesson not to serve my guests any more coffee when nightfall approaches.
A long time ago, Calista had once brought up the topic of a nice wedding dress store she had walked by, and e all agreed to meet up there tomorrow morning. But as I agree, that guilty feeling starts to nibble at my mind; I keep leaving Alex alone at the house, with all the kids. That has to stop, here and now, so I walk over to talk to him.

"Alex, honey? I need to talk to you about something..."

"So serious. What's up?" he smiles.

"Tomorrow morning, I'm planning to go dress shopping with Liana, Calista and Skye... And that means leaving you here again, with the kids. And that is not acceptable. I feel so bad, dropping all the responsibilities on you."
A hint of frustration starts seeping through Alex's composure. He's definitely fed up with my shopping trips.

"Rose, we've hardly spent time together as a couple. Just as we got engaged, we've pretty much grown apart."

"Well, each time I have time for you, you're always busy!" I huff back at him.

"Yeah, busy entertaining your kids, might I add!" he counters. "Or working my butt off to bring in money to pay the bills."

For a moment there is silence, then we start laughing. Our first fight as a couple.
"Look, there is nothing that can make me stop loving you. But I have to say, our lives are too hectic, taking kids and arranging a marriage. How about, and I know you'll argue about this, but... How about we age up your boys a little earlier? I know they would love to move out. They already have plans for the future," Alex suggests.


"Maybe you're right...," I sigh. 


And with a heavy heart, I let the Wesley and Blaine age up from kids directly to young adults, so that they can move out.
Wesley Rose
Blaine Rose
As little Destiny was still a toddler, and in need of more education, I wasn't in too much of a rush to age her up. That night, before I age her up, we both become engorged in a children's book, and little Destiny can't stop her giggles.

"That brings back so many childhood memories...," I smile as we look over the pages. When I was little, my dad would always sit down with me and read the exact same story.
Destiny Rose Jr.
Back downstairs, Alex is waiting with open arms on the couch, welcoming to cuddle with him in front of the TV as we wait for the news to come on.

"See? Why can't we have more of these moments, huh?" Alex whispers into my ear.

"Don't worry, we still have an entire lifetime ahead of us for spooning..."
As I get up the next morning next to a disgruntled Alex, I feel no motive to get out of bed, but I have to, seeing as there are people hammering at my front door. I throw on some pants and dress in a simple jacket. I have no need to be a fashionista today.

"So THIS is the little place you like so much?" I ask Calista.

"Uh huh. But it looks a lot different... For instance, this humongous fountain is new." 
Inside the shop, everything is very organized, even the selection of dresses are arranged in a fashionable but organized manner. For a start, I choose only a few dresses I like, and eliminate some of them fairly quickly as I critique them on design and cut. In the end, I'm stuck between choosing between two dresses.

"Destiny, we can see you behind that thing, you know! You might as well come forth so we can see you," Liana urges.

"Shhhh! Mommy will come out when she's ready!" little Destiny quiets them. How I love that little girl.
"Okay, fine... I'll come out..." With nervous, shaky steps, I come out behind the dressing booth.

"Now, I need your honest opinion."
The dress is like those traditional poofy wedding dresses, which is the aspect that had attracted me to it. The second thing I like about is that I feel like a princess in it. And the last thing about is that I love the detail on it.

"I very much like it," Calista nods. "Though the detail to it could be improved!"
My other choice is a 3 tier dress, which is very simple with some nice detail. It's not as poofy, and makes my figure look slim.

"That dress is my favorite, mom," Destiny Jr. shouts out.
Calista, Skye and Liana cannot come to a conclusion to what dress they like best, and I have to agree. It's hard making a choice when there are so many options.

"You know what we should do?" Skye muses. "Call in the cavalry."

And all three of them immediately whip out their phones, and browse the contact list.
Call in the cavalry? What on earth are those three up to...?


~♥~

I need YOUR help! Yes, you, the readers. For one, I can't decide which dress would suit Destiny best.

Second of all, Destiny's bridal party and wedding guest list is also a work in progress. SO! Please give me a link to a sim of yours, or your challenge mother, that I may use in her bridal party.


Adios, amigas!


:)

7 comments:

  1. EEPP! I'm in the blog! And it's yours! OMG!
    Okay, I'll calm down now.
    The post was... Amazing. Totally up to your usual standard,and I must say I loved it. (Not just for me either.) Also, my favourite line was "Call in the cavalry." It sounds like something I'd say, probably why it's my favourite.


    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better be in your wedding 'Rose' and your bridal party :p

    I enjoyed reading your first actual post

    Haha I can't believe I called Calista a blue freak, she knows I am joking :D

    I love how I got hushed by Destiny Jr. when I told you to come out and show us your dress.

    The pink poofy princess dress is my choice Dessie.

    -Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. *~* If you used Vanessa... I would die. Like literally. I love your blog..Why didn't I read it sooner?!

    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4839741 (Just take the blue out of her hair, what was I thinking? xD)

    Vanessa Wood

    Fantastic post, I love both dresses...Hard choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, once again, I think I definitely like the first one better...and I dig the way you drew in your readers...I feel included! LOL Ok, done now...I love all the challenge mother weddings that have been going on lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm putting my input on this blog too.

    I've made my final decision and I just can't stop loving the first dress... so the first dress it is (although the second one is very lovely...).

    I definitely hope I'm at the wedding, not just the bridal party. *growls* I'd better be.

    Haha, Destiny Jr. is definitely a mama's girl. :)

    ~Calista Smith

    PS: Haha, yep, I'm definitely "the blue freak" and I'm proud of it!

    @Liana - no offense taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the second dress, although both of them are VERY pretty, I like the second one more :)

    Destiny Jr is SO cute and I just absoltely adore her <3

    When's the "deadline" for the Sim links? I can't give it to you right now, but I can give it to you later...

    Can't wait for the wedding!! :D

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am IN LOVE with the first one, but just make it white, okay?

    <3

    Illiana

    ReplyDelete