Saturday 24 December 2011

Generation 1, Chapter 2: Oh god, I'm having a bachelorette party...

Our morning turns out a little bit different than the rest - Alex doesn't have to rush off to work at his business, and I finally figured out what was wrong with my Lobster Thermidor recipe. But apart from that, we have a meeting with a event manager, Eliza Ming, who is helping us with our wedding arrangements.
"From what Miss Rose here has said, we deduced that you want a small ceremony, family and friends only... Is that correct?" the organizer asks.

"It is," Alex answers. "We don't want to attract much media attention, so we've decided to keep it small."

"And what would your preferred environment be for the wedding?"

"At the beach," Alex chirps before I can say anything. Truth be told, now that Alex just said that, I doubt whether we should have it at the beach... It's so clichéd.
As Eliza gets on the phone with the contractor who is going to place out the decorations at the beach, so we can get an idea of how everything would look, I voice my doubts to Alex.

"Sweetie.. I'm not sure whether the beach would be a good place to have the ceremony."

"Wait, what?" Alex frowns. "I thought you loved the beach. You can never stop talking about living near it... And now we do! So we can have-"

"It's nice living near the beach, yes. But maybe we should have our wedding elsewhere. Outside, still, of course, seeing as you love the outdoors. But at a place that's less...sandy."
Fourty minutes after Eliza made the call, and already there was someone at the beach, setting up a small preview of how the arch would look like.

"You guys can still decide on the color of the flower petals, of course, but for now we kept it light on the eyes... Also, it would be wise to decide now, as our bookings are quite tight, and I need to see if there is any way I could worm another wedding in."
Steve Purcell, the worker that's helping us, quickly made the arch look even more beautiful, by throwing flower petals around it in a heart form.

Unfortunately, Alex and I decide against the beach wedding. We found a more snazzy and secluded place, where we'll get married. I don't take pictures to show anyone, thinking that keeping it a secret would be better, and shocking people when they see how pretty it is. 
Later in the afternoon, I find myself immersed in getting Alex's "surprise" ready in the living room, when he suddenly walks into the room, scaring me out of my shoes.

"Honey, why are there Christmas decorations all over the hou-"

"NO! You ruined the surprise, you big galoot!" I shriek, then sigh. I suck at keeping anything a secret.
"Oh. Sorry then. What's the surprise?"

"Eh, hello? It's standing right in front of you!" I gesture to the Christmas tree standing life sized in the living room. How can anyone have missed that?!

Alex begins to laugh. "You call a Christmas tree a surprise? Aw, Rose, you need classes in how to surprise people! A tree is a ordinary thing. Along with the other deco that you put up, this is nothing exceptional."

"Thanks for making me feel like crap," I mutter.
As smooth as butter, Alex moves to put his hands on mine. "Yet again, I'm sorry. I have to admit, I feel like I'm the one who is always apologizing in this relationship. But that's alright. As long as I get to keep you."

Alex makes his move to kiss me, but a sudden clang from the door stops him.

"What was that?"

"Uh, that is a dangerous question, cher monsieur. If I am correct, then that is my bridal party knocking at the door..."
"You're ALL here? Seriously? Why? The dress fitting's are a week from now. Though if this is a social thing... Sorry for my long string of questions, and come in!" I ask, a little confused.

"Wow, you have no idea...," Skye mutters.

"We're here to kidnap you, DUH!" Liana cheers.

"As your maid of honor, I'm in charge of a lot of things - and that in includes your bachelorette party!" Calista confesses.

Oh god, I'm having a bachelorette party... This is bad," I can't help thinking.
I turn back to see where Alex is, and he's already spending time with his buddies - so if he's going to have a bachelor party, I might as well have my own party!

"Alex, sweetie, the girls are kidnapping me for the night... Take care!" I shout as  Liana and Calista drag me out of the house.
The destination for the party - Regency Arcade. It's more of a gambling place than a club, but heck, if it haves a Vegas theme, then I will love it!

The rest of the night passes quickly, where we all snap photo's of each other, and dance like there's no tomorrow.
My amazing group of friends.
Me and my maid of honor.
Liana, Vanessa and Amber.
Yet again, Amber and Vanessa, dancing together like lunatics.
Me, Skye and Calista, grooving on the dance floor.
Some of the girls can not resist the call of the Arcade machines, and got a little addicted to them.

"Would you stop spying on me?! I'm going to win this, NOT you!" Amber screeches to Liana, who can't stop looking over in her direction.

"I'm not looking at your screen, I'm looking at the hot guy over there by the door!" Liana yells over the music.
Outside by the pool, I'm facing a dilemma with my maid of honor... She threatens to spray me with a bottle of champagne if I don't jump into the pool.

"WAIT. I said no champagne spraying!"

"We didn't shake on it! And anyways, this is fizzy nectar. Prepared to get fizzed at!"
Without mercy, Calista points the fizzling bottle in my direction, and I figure I might just as well play along, choking down some of the nectar she sprays.

"YES! Finally, you've gotten into the partying mood!" Calista laughs.

As I try to shake off some of the wetness, I notice Liana copying Calista's idea, and turning a bottle of fizzy nectar in Vanessa's direction.
She didn't take it so well, though.


"Oh, come on! It's a party, lighten up!" Liana laughs.
The party dancers show up, all dressed in Army colors, which seems to attract Skye in their direction, and they end up dancing together almost the entire night long.
The party gets a little bit crazier, with the guests getting more drunk as the minutes pass. Amber comes crazy enough to dance on the table.
But she looks awesome doing it!
A very tipsy Calista starts a speech, that is supposed to be about "the love Alex and I share", or whatever, but Calista turns out as a stand-up comedian, bringing up the silliest things and making it funny. I hardly remember anything she says, but I do know one thing - Calista is a great friend, my best friend, and without this blue freak in my life, I don't know what I would do!
And then I get sprayed with nectar again, after the "speech".
The party starts to calm down after midnight, when the dancers need to go to another party, and some of the guests pass out, Skye being the first.

It's one of those memories that I will forever cherish, and I'm extremely glad the girls did drag me out of the house for this party.
Arriving back at the house, I find my fiancé passed out on the floor, by the Christmas tree I had set up that same day. He looks too cute when he's sleeping, so I can't bear to wake him up and chase him to bed.
My clothes for the night are ruined, all sticky and icky, and pretty much "unwearable" for the rest of eternity, carrying a strange odor. I doubt even the washing machine will be able to fix that. For a half hour straight, I'm in the shower, washing the fizzy nectar out of my hair.
As I go downstairs for a last snack, I find Alex waking up from his stupor.

"Welcome back to the land of the awake! Did you enjoy dreamland? I heard it's lovely..." I chuckle.

"How come you're so cheery? You also had a party - probably more hectic than ours."

"It doesn't help to waste time being dreary over the fact that you're hung over," I remark. With a groggy smile, Alex pulls me down on the floor into a cuddle.

"To think, two weeks from now we'll be getting married..." Alex murmurs.

"Hmm mmm," I agree. "It's mind blowing, thinking about it."

I glance at the watch on the coffee table, noticing it's just after 3 o' clock in the morning.

"Hey, Alex... Merry Christmas," I smile.


~♥~
Well, it's a day early, but seeing as I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow to say this to everyone...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Now, if I do get on tomorrow, I'll post a cute video, yet again wishing everyone a merry Christmas, but it will also include the official invite to Destiny and Alex's wedding.

Thank you for reading, and have an awesome day!

:)

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too :)
    I love this chapter wow Castilia is a party animal!
    Anyway I love reading your posts,Have a merry christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you

    Yeah you got kidnapped, you should know me and Calista by now, surely ;)

    Ahhh, a surprise. I like surprises :D

    I can't wait to see the wedding and it's pretty location. :)

    I loved the bachelorette party pictures, looked so fun. C, kept spraying you with that fizzy nectar haha, she's so funny when she's drunk and at parties Amber likes to party to!

    And I lol'd when I sprayed Nessie, she didn't take it aswell as I thought... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh, Liana and Calista are definitely party freaks!! They've gotten Destiny into loads of interesting situations, including this one.

    I just love the sound of that, "Maid of Honor!"

    The party was so AWESOME! I have nothing much to say except the a bunch of challenge mothers + party = extremely crazy party!

    I laughed at all the necter spraying and all the passing out. Ooh, Skye got pretty close to that guy... ^_^

    Although Destiny isn't getting married at the beach, it was gorgeous, which makes me curious as to what Destiny could have found which was even more beautiful.

    ~Calista Smith

    PS: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this post was awesome! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete