Wednesday 20 June 2012

Generation 2, Chapter 18: Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

Receiving comfort from my sister and her new fiancé didn't really help me. While they were upbeat and smiling, I felt myself slowly sinking into depression. Sure, I had my family and friends to help take care of my girls, but that didn't fill the father figure the girls might need, or the fact that every night I go to bed, I'm all alone with no one to cuddle with.

"Honestly, sis," Bridget tried one last time to bring me back from the deep, dark pit I was slowly sinking into, "things aren't that bad. At least he's not dead or anything, or going off to the military where there's a big chance he could die. All he's doing is just flying around the world. You know, he hasn't even stepped on the plane yet..."

"There's always the possibility the plane could fall and he could die from, say, drowning?" Cameo suggested.

"Not helping," my sister forced out between gritted teeth.
"I know all of that, Bridget," I sighed, kneading my forehead with the tip of my fingers for comfort. A slight headache was forming, and I was definitely not inthe mood for it. "But here I am, still feeling down in the dumps. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I don't want to, yet, I do."

Cameo chuckled for a moment. "I believe that's what we call true love. A connection so deep that-"

"-That no one in this room wants to hear about, m'kay? Cam, I love you, but if you continue on like this, I think I might have to break the engagement." That shut him up for now. "Kay, think about it like this. At least you're not facing such dire problems as Janelle."
"What do you mean 'dire problems'? Is Janelle in trouble? She would have called me if she were..." If Janelle was in trouble, why wouldn't she have called me? We were best friends. No secrets were ever kept between us.

"Huh... That's strange. Is your phone turned on? With all that's happened, I'm pretty sure you'd have turned it off." Bridget was right: I did have it turned off, seeing as I had to deal with the twins' situation and didn't need any more disturbances. "Well, hold on to your horses, 'cause this is gonna be rough for you to take in. She and Charlie finalized their divorce today."

It was a shock. Charlie and Janelle had gotten married approximately a year after our own little ceremony. They were madly in love, just like us. One would never have thought that they would split up. "Why?" I asked, dumbfounded. "Why would they break up?"

"It was bound to happen, Kay," Bridget shrugged. "Charlie has been in charge of his football team, and of course they fly all over the world to play against other countries. Their relationship was deteriorating."

"And let's not forget the miscarriage," Cameo added quietly. The sentence brought back so many awful memories. At five months pregnant, Janelle was experiencing problems after a nasty stumble in the kitchen. Nobody would have thought that it would lead to a miscarriage. After that, Janelle nearly sank into deep depression had we not been around.

Was this what was bound to happen between Aaron and I? Could a divorce happen as a result of him jetting all around the world? "I need to think," muttering to myself, I rushed towards my room, locking the door behind me. The clothes I had on... It reminded me too much of him. So I tore it off.


Sneaking out of my own house was a new experience to me, but Bridget and Cameo wouldn't have let me walk out the front door. They did more than that: They actually locked my car up so I couldn't use it to drive off somewhere. No matter. My feet were transportation enough. Where I was going, I had no clue. 
Darkness hung in the air that afternoon. I was never attracted by darkness. In fact, all my life I had been repulsed by it, having seen the damage it had wreaked on my sister's lifestyle. But this time, it beckoned to me. And I couldn't resist it. My feet had a mind of its own, steering me towards a large building. Something that resembled a church, on the lands of the town's graveyard.

I must have been insane to enter that place.
The building was empty, perhaps the entire graveyard was, except for the animals that roamed the night. As the minutes passed by quickly, my mind was becoming clear. I had no idea why I was here, and what was worse, I definitely didn't want to be there.

"You came. I was wondering when you'd show up after I called you," a dark, gruff voice chuckled from behind me.
Bravery was never really my thing, and yet I found myself in a situation where bravery would have been perfect.

The analytical part of me wondered what the meaning was behind his strange words. The other part of me yelled that I had to run. Of course, my feet were too numb to be able to do anything.

"Turn around and face me, Kaylin."
Like a marionette doll's strings that were being pulled, I was pulled out of my seat, forced to face the strange man that stood by me in the room. How he knew my name, I didn't know, because I certainly didn't have a clue who he could be.

"Who the hell are you, and how the fuzz are you controlling my actions?" I jumped on to accusing him. It had to be him. He looked dark, he sounded dark. He might as well be in charge of something dark that's forcing me to obey his every command.
"You really don't remember me?" That dark chuckle again. "I guess that can be expected, seeing how much I changed my appearances and facial structure. But there's something that always remained constant. See if you can spot it."

Not in the mood for games, I mainly ignore looking at him, trying to keep his influence out of my head. Something was familiar, something about his face... And against my better wishes, I looked at him. Into those deep green eyes that hid away many dark secrets. Only one person ever had such eyes.

Keegan. Not my brother Keegan, but the asshole who made my life hell.
"K-Keegan...?" I hesitated while addressing him directly. He had always been a very unstable person. One wrong word and he could probably kill me.

"Ah, you do remember me. I had been wondering if the black hair and make up would be a little bit too much for you to handle."
"Handle? Honestly, Keegan, you're not making any sense. Why the hell did you come back here, after everything that you've done? You're just like Aaron's uncle, I swear... Never able to let something you..." Rambling off a bit, I could see he was losing patience. Dammit. Said something wrong.

"Kaylin, I'm not making any sense to you because you're not opening yourself up to me and my love. My devotion towards you," he sighed, trying to wrap his arms around me to bring me into a hug. I instantly resisted his touch.
No way on this earth was I going to let him stroll into my life and take control. "YOU! How dare you try and touch me! After what you did to split up my family, after how you ruined Bridget's life... Do you really think anyone would welcome you back? Would be happy to see you? You're a supernatural being that never should have come into this world. So take a hint: Get the hell away from here," yelling, having completely lost my temper, my hand flied out and slapped him through the face, leaving him stunned.

"You...you slapped me?" he almost questioned.

"I did. And there are plenty more where that came from!"
He didn't know how to react exactly, that much I could deduce from looking at his face. As if calculating his next move...

His arms reached out and rested on my waist, pulling me close to his face, forcing me to look up at him and into those eyes. "Now, listen," he commanded. "When I stepped into this world, I had one goal. Your sister was some entertainment, a distraction. She was so easily influenced by my suggestions. But you never were. That turned into my goal, and I never give up once I've decided on something."

"Keegan, no, you're hurting me-"

"You love me, Kay," he whispered, trying to force those words into my mouth. Perhaps it would have worked if he hadn't gone as far as calling me by my pet name. No one called me that except loved ones.

"No," I choked out, wrestling in his grasp. "I don't. I'm married, and I love my husband."

"Where would that husband be right now, huh? He seems to have abandoned you, because you're standing here. I wonder what he'd say if he caught you with me..."

"Her husband is right here, and he'd say that you, Keegan, needs to go to hell and leave my wife alone."

That voice. That sweet, sweet voice belonged to only one person, and I'd be able to recognize it if it were lost between a thousand others.
"Aaron," nearly crying at the joy of seeing him, I finally broke free of Keegan, being able to make sure that my ears and eyes were not deceiving me. "It's really you? You didn't go on the plane?"

"Oh, look, the happy band is all back together again," Keegan mockingly rejoiced along with us, clapping his hands. "Now everything can go back to normal. Though, it can't, not after tonight."

"Shut your freaking mouth before I shut it for you," I muttered, pushing him aside and running towards Aaron's awaiting arms.
"Whoa!" my husband yelped out as he caught me in his arms, surprised by my sudden onslaught. "Someone looks happy to see me!"

"You have no idea," I smiled, staring into those beautiful brown eyes of his. "But, how did you find me? And why did you come back?"

He snorted. "Your sister always knows where you are. She has...contacts, everywhere in the world it seems. And I came back...because apparently my seat on the plane was double booked. I decided that it was a sign that I had to stay. There will be plenty of other opportunities, here in Starlight Shores. So we won't be stinking rich, so what? At least we'll have our family." Aaron quickly peeked over my shoulder. "Where did that fella go to? He was there one moment, and gone the next."

"I don't know," I shrugged, not really caring. "But he won't be bothering us again, ever. I believe he got the message."

"Hmm," he huffed, frowning. "Hope you're right. He looked creepy... But in any case, perhaps we should head home and share the good news with the girls?"

"Absolutely," I grinned.
Entering our front door revealed quite a strange feat of events. Bridget and Cameo were sprawled over the couch, looking completely miserable.

"We tried everything...," Cameo sighed in a desolate tone, cradling Bridget's head in his arms. "We just couldn't get them to stop fighting."

Rounding the corner, Aaron and I saw what they meant. Charlotte and Amelia were at it again.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And today, we were losing our girls, specifically the stability in our house. As if we had any to begin with.

~♥~

Excuse the extremely crappy writing for this post. I think I lost my mojo, and I'm currently looking around my house searching for it. It might be lost at school, seeing as I'm tired from writing all those tests...

Anywho, thanks so much for taking the time to read this post and sticking around! I love you guys. *.*

15 comments:

  1. Destiny, your too wrong, I loved this post and you have definitely haven't lost your mojo.
    When I told you I was stunned was at the fact that Janelle had a Miscarriage, that totally caught me off guard.

    And as for Cameo and Bridget, I CANNOT wait for there wedding!

    And Keegan, I really want to punch him... so much, to bad he's a pixel!

    And good on you Aaron for coming back and not leaving poor Kaylin.

    And as for Charlotte and Amelia, your are typical sisters!!!!


    Destiny, great post, as always!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I have. When you're one the end which is writing the story, you'll know how it feels. ^_^

      Ohh... That makes more sense. I was wondering what could have stunned you like that!

      I wasn't really planning on showing their wedding, seeing as I was gonna do yet another time skip (I'm ending the generation in about two chapters), but Molly talked me into it.

      Ah yes, don't go destroying your computer screen. Keegan won't be coming back, so there's no reason to injure yourself.

      They are, though they're a little bit more hostile towards each other... You'll see in the upcoming chapter.

      Thanks for commenting, Kurtis.

      Delete
  2. Ohmygod.....that was epic O_o

    When that picture came up on Facebook, I was like SHIT. NO. KEEGAN YOU GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HERE! ('cuse my French, Keegan deserves it).

    Anyhow, I found your mojo! Looks like you had it all along ^_^ Great chapter!! :D

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks, Izzi, you make me feel so good about this story. :D

      I totally imagined you saying that, after the comment AND the PM you sent me. Haha, that's totally fine, we all do that on occasion!

      It must be locked away in my jeans' pocket. :/ Thanks, though!

      Delete
  3. I loved this post Destiny, as I do all for every post. I find it amazing how you're always able to tie old characters into the plot. Bringing back Keegan was so fun (not for Kaylin obviously). And the way Aaron came in and saved her... gah, so cute!

    I also LOVE Cameo and Bridget together. They're also so perfect together and I can't wait for their wedding as well. Hopefully those two girls will stop fighting because when the teenage years come, that's not going to be pretty.

    Can't wait for Chapter 19!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised many people still remember the older characters, actually (Which is why I implemented the bios)!

      Because of you, you will be seeing that wedding in the next chapter. ^_^

      Things are gonna get a lot nastier, sadly, instead of getting better.

      Thanks, Molly!

      Delete
  4. YAY! Aaron didn't leave! ^_^
    Oh gosh I hope those girls become friends when their older. :P
    This was a great chapter, like all your chapters. :D Keep em' coming. :)

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! He's too much of a gentleman too be permanently leaving.

      Let's keep the fingers crossed, but I'm not promising anything!

      Thank you so much, Dawn. :D

      Delete
  5. I found your mojo. I don't think you lost it. But, anyway, this chapter just made my day. Keegan, you are not a toy. Grow up and get over your childhood crush. Aaron, way to not go. Oh, and the girls. Maybe say that something is both of their faults, ans the blame will make them become friends. I can't wait for the next chapter!!!
    -al. 8 )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, it means a lot to me that people are saying that, but still...there's something not right about my writing.

      You said it! He totally needs to move on, which he has, hallelujah.

      If only something could be resolved so easily. :/

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. I caught up, yay me :p!
    Things I have to say:
    I miss chatting to you
    I missed your blog
    I'm back reading your blog now and commenting
    This could be a long comment as I read nearly all of Generation 2.
    -This won't be in order- :)
    When Dwayne come back, grr. He took Aaron away from you and your kids, but he's back yay! :D
    Charlotte and Amelia, adorable and you got both the names you wanted, Charlotte being your suggestion and Amelia being Aaron's mother's middle name that she wanted to pass down, aw. Just pointing out the obvious, ignore me. Want to prove I have been reading.
    I didn't like Charlie, I didn't like him at all. But then when I found out he was being drugged by his odd sister I was like 'give him a chance'. And his sister, wow, she was psycho killing her parent's with silverware, I mean WHAT?!?!
    I thought Janelle was lovely, she seemed the perfect friend for Kay :)
    I liked it when Janelle and Charlie got together they seemed cute, too bad they weren't meant to be :/
    When Bridget found love with Cameo aw, she got her chance at love after thinking that she wouldn't, so cute! Congrats Bridget :D
    Linking to that when Aura ran away :_; then that's when Cameo and Bridget were introduced, p.s. I'm kinda linked to your family as I have Illusion in my family ^_^
    Keegan, the doll, he's just aijg8]ygwfcuew gosh, I hate him. When I saw you slapped him I was like "YOU GO GIRL!" :)
    I can't believe Charlotte and Amelia won't stop fighting, I guess it's a sibling thing but hopefully they'll grow out of it
    I think Jemma's pretty adorable for a stray, she seems so friendly :D
    I think the wedding was sweet, close friends and it was outside, it was lovely :)
    I'll be reading just make sure to let me know when they're out ;) :D

    -Liana AKA Your/Destiny's Red Head Freak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy mother of freakin' mercy. O_o Extremely long comment. I wish I could reply on everything, but my father is watching me like a hawk so I don't have much time to type... I did read everything, though!

      So glad to have you back (I missed the Red Head Freak ^_^), and I do wish we could chat more and do some catching up! I totally need to catch up on your blog as well, because I think I\ve gotten behind with reading.

      I'm really glad to be reading a blog from you, and thanks so much for taking the time to type out of a comment of such length. <3

      Delete
  7. Your writing is always amazing! So hush! I'm glad I caught up with this story...ooooh, Keegan is one creepy mo-fo...but I'm glad Aaron came back! Have I mentioned how much I like this story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, man, Cassie, that's so nice of you to say. It keeps making me speechless... But nonetheless, I do believe I have found my mojo again, so not to worry!

      Thanks for commenting! :D

      ~♥~

      Delete