Saturday 30 June 2012

Generation 3: This is goodbye


"Eugene? Is it recording already? Well, why didn't you say so, dammit! Eh hem... Excuse me for saying that. Let's get started, shall we? Video log number twenty two. Personal experiences. I received a letter from NASA about a month ago... Apparently, they have read some of my theoretical Astrophysics papers. They were debating whether or not allowing me to travel up to the space station. I received my answer last week. It's a 'yes'. Finally, I can do what I've been wanting to do all my life. To those that are watching this video and don't understand, perhaps I should explain things a bit better."


"My name is Amelia Jeanette Glover. I was born as a 'Rose', but I hated it, honestly, so I used my father's previous surname. It has a nice ring to it. I want to put the past behind me, including certain things of my family. Ten years ago, I was involved in a horrible accident that left a scar on my face. That isn't the only scar. My sister...Charlotte...she lost her life that night. But before she passed away, she shared some words of wisdom with me. She told me to follow my dreams, and work hard to achieve them. That is exactly what I did in the end. At age 15, I had already passed high school. They were fascinated by me, said I was special. They didn't know what special was. I had to undergo private studies as they didn't want to accept a teenager into their universities. I was fine by that, it didn't stop me at all. At 22, I got my Ph.D in Astrophysics, graduating at the top of my class. My parents weren't really proud... They were freaked out, to be honest. Looked at me as if I was some kind of mad scientist, ready to explode and start creating monsters or something. Didn't they know that that was only science fiction?"
"Now, at the age of 24, I'm more successful than most of my friends or colleagues, even. It'll be hard to say goodbye to them when I have to leave. There's always that slim chance that I might not return...or get there at all. That's about all I have to say, or what else do you think, Eugene?"

"You might wanna include your goodbyes...especially to your parents, I mean."

"Oh, right. Mom, dad. I'm sorry that I'm not following a path that you two like, but it's what I wanna do, okay? This path chose me, in a sense. I love you guys, and I really hope this recording reaches you. To all those other people that might lay their eyes on this, goodbye to you as well, as I may be leaving for space at any given time."

"I guess that's a wrap?"

"It is... Wait! There's still something else I need to say... Um, I really wish you could have been here, sis. I miss you so much... Happy birthday, Charlotte."

~♥~



Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for chapter one! 

(This is the introduction post, just so you know)

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I so can't wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn, I'm hoping to get the new chapter out within the next few days. I'm bored like hell so it'll be quick!

      Delete
  2. That was an awesome way to start generation three! I can't wait to read about Amelia's adventures in space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! :D I liked the edit on the pictures, that was cool :D

    And if it's Charlotte's birthday, doesn't that mean it's her's too? :)

    I SEE ALIENS IN THE TOP PHOTO :D ALIENSSSSSS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Izzi. :D Yes, it is her birthday, but Amelia being the genius that she is...well, she doesn't celebrate her birthday anymore, not after she isolated herself from her parents.

      YES THERE IS. BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT THEM YET.

      Delete
  4. This was a really cool introduction Destiny, really well written and I would love to know who Eugene is?
    Great chapter.. I'm in introduction, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kurtis. :D Eugene is a colleague of Amelia's at the university she works at, and he acted as her camera man for the day.

      Delete
    2. Cool :) By the way I'm on Facebook if you would like to talk.

      Delete
  5. That was pretty cool, how you got the pictures to look like a hologram. And the guy on the far right right in the gen. 3 banner is HOT!!!! ( no offense to Aaron, but.. Holy Damn. He is smokin )
    -al. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to the magical powers of GIMP. :D Oh, THAT guy. He's gonna be pretty important in the story, so you'll get to see more of him.

      Delete
  6. This was so sweet! I can't believe it's been 10 years. O.o

    Hehe, this sort of reminds me of Howard from The Big Bang Theory... but only because of the space thingy. I'm sure Amelia will be much more successful than Howard was... >.>

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I'm guilty of being addicted to time skips.

      Howard was...kind of successful? I don't know. O.o I only remember that the last episode had him launching into space. I should seriously re-watch season 5.

      Thanks, Molly!

      Delete