Saturday 5 May 2012

Generation 2, Chapter 10: Unexpected changes

"I haven't told you this before, or anyone for that matter, but... I love you." Those are the words that have been in my head for the past six months, each morning when I wake up, and each night before I go to bed. Aaron and I are now officially dating. I've probably never been happier in my life than I am now. But with happiness there also comes sadness. Bridget moved out of the apartment and I haven't heard from her or seen her since. To make matters worse, I've fallen victim to flu. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and fall asleep. And that's exactly what I end up doing mostly. Of course, having a chirpy best friend, that wish doesn't last long.

"Coo hee! Kay-Kay, you in here somewhere? Are you still alive?" Janelle knocks at my door, and enters the apartment moments later, using the spare key I had given to her out of good faith.

"Ugh... Leave me alone," I groan from my sleeping place on the rug.

"Good Lord. Is this what you've been up to? Sleeping on the floor and not answering my text messages?"
"Bloody hell Janelle, I've been sick for the past week and a half. Don't you think that's a good reason not to check my phone?" I mumble while yawning, stretching my arms out above my head to get rid of the stiff feeling.

"Not really," she comments. "If I were you, I'd be snuggling up in bed with my phone. Or at least with that charming boyfriend of yours."
Reluctantly, I get up to face Janelle, only to realize that she's dressed up pretty fancy. Too fancy to just come by and visit me.

"What's up with the cute dress? You going somewhere?"

"Yeah. That has actually been the topic of my text messages. I have a date today, with a guy named Reese."

I look out the window, trying to guess the time of day. "Is it noon already? That's really early for a date."

"It's twelve past one in the afternoon, to be precise. It's a lunch date, alright? The guy isn't a party animal. He's decent, and that's what I like about him."

"Oh. Okay, uh... Sorry. For not answering your messages. I promise to make it up to you sometime, when I'm better. Then we could party until the sun comes up. How does that sound?"

"Sounds great," Janelle smiles brightly. "But there is someone you should make up with before you party around with me."
"Who would that be?" I frown.

"Only your amazing, good-looking stallion of a boyfriend," the voices comes from the hallway, and seconds later Aaron walks around the corner.

"Hmm. I should have known you would come by as well," I roll my eyes at Janelle.

"And why wouldn't I! As your boyfriend, I have the responsibility to make sure my girl is safe and still alive," his hand appears, and catches a strand of hair that's fluttering before my eyes. Neatly, he tucks it back behind my ear.

"Um... I'll give you two a minute," Janelle excuses herself from the room, sneaking to the apartment door.
"I've missed you," I whisper to Aaron as soon as I hear the door close.

"And I've missed you," he smiles, pulling me into a tight hug.

"What's up with the new hairstyle?" my fingers run through his hair, feeling the edgy cut. "I kinda liked it when it was long. You didn't look so cocky as before."

"I like looking cocky," Aaron teases, throwing me his cheeky smile. "But I also want to look refined, in case I ever run into your father again."

That had been one day that I don't want to remember. Aaron and my father, in one room together, discussing me. Of course my dad had almost tackled Aaron, had my mom not intervened and say Aaron and I were very much in love.
"Listen," he pulls away, taking my hands in his instead. "I had ulterior motives when coming over here. Two weeks ago, I asked some of my buddies at the police station to trace your sister."

"WHAT? Why would you do that, Aaron?" I pull my hands away abruptly, folding them in front of my chest.

"Y'know, just to check up on her," he shrugs, "She changed, Kaylin, truly. Apparently she's in a serious relationship, and I heard the guy might propose soon. She turned her life around, because of you."

"I'll only believe it when I see it...," I grumble.

"That can be arranged. Just put on some clothes and-"

"Nu uh, I'm not changing clothes. I'll stay in the car while you're driving."

"Alright, that's cool," he shrugs again. "Let's go."
Like spies, Aaron and I sneak into the elevator and out the apartment building door to avoid the paparazzi snapping a pic of me in pyjamas. Where I had thought Aaron would drive some bad-ass convertible or something for a car, all he had was an old Volkswagen. It goes to show that I had been quick to always label him as "cocky". He really is down to earth at times.

"So how old is this car?" I ask, my gaze flitting around the car's interior to observe what condition the seats are in.

"Well, the car's model is about 9 years old. I had a lot redone on the car, though. New parts, better engine, all that stuff you wouldn't understand about cars."

"True, true," I smirk, "I don't know a thing about cars."
Aaron's car comes to an abrupt stop, and at first, I think he has stopped at the beach, as the route to it is right next to us. He points his index finger at the building in front of is, and I follow the direction of it.

"Wow. That's one nice house. Wonder how much it cost," I muse, and lean forward, my fingers idly  ticking on the dashboard.

"That's where your sister lives, Kay-Kay," Aaron answers softly.

"You're kidding," I almost yell, and turn my eyes back to the house. On the balcony, it looks as if someone is leaning on the fence.

"Who's that on the balcony? Her roommate?"

Aaron just clears his throat, looking down at his shoes.

"You mean... THAT's my sister? On the balcony? She doesn't look anything like my sister!"

"That's what I meant, Kay... She changed. A lot."

Refusing to believe what my eyes are seeing and what Aaron is saying, I grab his iPhone out of his pocket, and use the camera to zoom in on the person. I can't help but gasp.
The person who is supposedly my younger, rebel sister... She's the opposite of everything Bridget ever was. She picked up weight, more muscle, and she doesn't have layers and layers of dark make up on. Even her hair looks normal, a shade of brown that's darker than her natural hair color.

"Do you believe me now? Do you realize that that person is Bridget?"

"I do...," I whisper, putting his phone down on the dashboard. Minutes later, Aaron starts the engine and slowly drives away.

"You know what stands out most of the 'new' Bridget? She looks... Happy. She's happy. And because of that, I'm not gonna interfere in her life anymore."

"You're gonna let her go? And never see her again?" Aaron's eyes flit to me for a moment, then he turns them back on the road ahead of him.

"I'll probably see her - I can't avoid that - but yeah, I can't talk to her. I'm afraid she'll have a set back... I don't want that to happen, Aaron."

Aaron is silent on the drive back to my apartment. I can sense that he doesn't agree with my decision. 
"Kaylin, I haven't seen my family for a long time," Aaron starts mumbling as soon I put the key in my apartment door. "And to be honest... I wish I could see them. I wish I kept in contact with them. But once I broke the connection, it was final."

"My sister is not like your family, Aaron," I throw the door open, angrily marching my way inside. Only the shriek of a female voice stops us from walking any more.

"DEAR LORD, KEEP THIS MONSTROSITY AWAY FROM ME!" it seems to be Janelle that's doing the shrieking, and it's the second time this day that she's using the Lord's name in vain.
I look to Aaron for answers, but he just pulls his shoulders up, also not having a clue what Janelle is talking about.

"Uh, Janelle... What are you doing?" I ask, trying to not make it sound like I believe she's crazy.

"I'M PROTECTING MYSELF FROM THE CREATURE!" she yells again, this time more fiercely.

"The creature? You mean the cat?" Aaron interjects.

"YES!"

"You've got to be kiddin' me..." Aaron sighs, and moves forward to pick the kitty up.
"Janelle... You've always told me you loved cats. What's wrong with them now, all of a sudden? Why were you crying? Did something happen?" I try to soothe her, taking her by her wrists and pulling her up from her crouched position.

"Yeah, something DID happen! Well, technically, didn't happen. Reese was a no-show," she whimpers. "He text-dumped me, which makes it all so much more awful. I thought he was a nice guy, Kay... I'm so quick to judge someone, without getting to know them that well."
Fresh tears start to brim over her lids, and she acts quickly to dab them away.

"You should let those tears fall," I comment, "You need to get them all out. Trust me, it'll make you feel a whole lot better if you do."

"Is that all that will make me feel better, Kay?"

"No," I answer softly, then smile. "You also need a tub of ice-cream and some chick flicks. Now those always work.

She chuckles softly in response. "Only if you come to my house and watch it with me. I don't think I can eat all the ice-cream on my own."

"It's a deal," I grin, shaking her hand, which is covered with A LOT of wet mascara. "Ew. You should really go wash your hands..."
As Janelle rushes to the sink with a smile, I walk to Aaron and hug him from behind, snuggling my face into his neck, observing the rainbow-colored cat.

"You think we can keep her? She's a great cat, I have to say," Aaron begs me.

"I don't think you can keep her. The delivery man placed a note by her. Apparently, she's a gift from your mom to Bridget," Janelle calls from the sink.

"Huh," is all I manage. My mom is literally forcing me to interact with my sister. I so hate her right now.



~♥~


Thanks to all who have read this!

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Calista Smith for allowing me to adopt the cute kitty, Aura. Many thanks, Molly! I'm so in love with her fur coat's pattern...*.*

:)

8 comments:

  1. Aura's adorable in your game! I'm so glad she fits in so well with this perfect little family. <3

    Janelle's reaction to the cat made me laugh and I'm so glad Bridget has become a little more "normal" now. Although I sort of miss how she looked before.

    Aww, I love Aaron's new look. His hair looks a lot like someone else... >.>

    I'm just so excited that Aura is in your game now! I'm glad you like her fur pattern. She was one of the cats whose fur I didn't change so she's the "original" cat. Ah, love it!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely is! I'm so glad you didn't change her looks, because I love everything about her. SHE'S JUST SO CUTE! :D

      I'm considering that Bridget should have a relapse, because I also miss how she looked. Blue hair... It's awesome. *.*

      >.>

      <.<

      Yes, I know that's Luke's hairstyle! But it's the only hair that looked okay on him.

      Thanks for your comment, Molly. :)

      Delete
  2. Great new chapter, I really liked it and WOW Bridget looks so posh, I like her like that :)

    And I LOVE Calista's cat, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kurtis. I'm still debating on whether or not to keep Bridget's new look. I like her new look, yet miss the old one. :/

      Delete
  3. ^_^ That's Calista's cat!! :D Hehehe

    I'm sorry, I can't leave a long comment like I did last time, but I'm kind of busy, but I just gotta say....I ALWAYS LOVE KAYLIN'S HAIR. ^_^

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is! <3

      Nah, it's fine, really. This was a short post with not too much going on, so I understand! Hahaha, you like her hair even when it's messy?

      Thanks, Izzi!

      Delete
  4. I wish Aaron was real. That hair is awesome for him. PS: what's up with Charlie????
    -al

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Janelle...

    Bridget...what if her man is the one who dumped Janelle. That'd be a twist. Though I think Bridget needs some good luck in her love life...

    As for her hair...I think my favorite was when she had that wacky mix of blues, greens, purples, and black. Still I like how she looks now...though until I get to know her when she's like this she won't look like Bridget to me...if that makes sense

    I'm glad that Aaron, Kaylin, and Janelle have such a strong friendship. They can really help each other out!

    Fawnester

    ReplyDelete