Sunday 1 July 2012

Generation 3, Chapter 1: Calling it "strange" would be an understatement

Something just...wasn't right about the whole situation in front of me. The last thing I had seen in front of me was the sight of a control interface, in charge of making sure the space shuttle was fully functional. Something had gone wrong...but I couldn't remember what. I most likely hit my head and passed out... But that didn't explain how the hell I ended up in a room completely painted turquoise.
The room was mostly empty, apart from a bed, a few decorative objects, lights and something that almost resembled a TV. The atmosphere that hung in the air was eerie.

Was this some kind of strange futuristic looking hospital? Or had I been abducted by a cult of weirdos who loved their science fiction too much?

Or maybe...this was a practical joke pulled off by my colleagues. They always accused me of having no sense of humor. Perhaps this was one of their ways of entertainment.
"Observe your environment, try to learn as much as possible" was the one basic surviving principal I had ever learned. To learn more about my surroundings, I had to get up from the extremely comfortable bed and investigate every small detail...not an idea that was very appealing. But I wasn't as afraid of everything like my mother. I could stand up for myself and fight my own battles.

With the sneaking skills of a ninja, I slid off of the beds' covers onto the ground, crouching into the middle of the room. I wasn't tall enough to see into the window while standing on my knees. I was going against every instinct in my body that screamed I shouldn't stand up, but yet, I did. And the sight that hid through the window was enough to make me gasp.

A red entity...conferring with another one that I couldn't clearly see. Aliens? 
It couldn't be. They only belonged into the world of science fiction... Right?

They had been speaking in some language I couldn't make out...the words jumbled together, sounding strange. My gasp must have drawn their attention, as they grew silent, constantly peeking over their shoulders.

Crap. They knew I was awake.
Doors opened with a pneumatic hiss, and through them came the strange entity I had not been able to see through the window, hidden behind one of the walls. Judging from her exterior, she had to be female. And she did not look pleased.

"Don't kill me," I squeaked, slowly backing away towards one of the walls.

~*~
"What do you mean, you don't know what's wrong with her?!" the red-haired man hissed at the doctor, crouching over the still laying body on the bed.

"I mean, I've never seen such a thing. She seems to be in a deep state of sleep. Her eyes are moving erratically, indicating vivid images crossing into her mind. From what I can tell, she's dreaming. Perhaps she's just exhausted?" The doctor shared his opinion, though not sounding as confident of his diagnosis as he should be.

"Definitely not... Maybe something else? Like a coma?"

"Not entirely...," the doctor sighed. "We should get her to a hospital. I'll be able to supply more help th-"

"No!" the man shouted. "No hospitals. Amelia hates them. She's...paranoid, of everything and everyone. She always thinks that if she were to land in a hospital, they'll harvest her organs or something."
"Mr Jackson..." the doctor sighed yet again. "I'm afraid of the possibility that she might not be able to keep herself alive if she remains here. She might need help breathing at times, receive feeding and the clearing of bowels. Though she might not like hospitals, you need to take that in consideration."

"I am... Isn't there some way for you to bring some equipment here? Please, doctor. I would pay extra if you do indeed help her here."

"I'm not after the money, Richard. I only care about her health... That's what doctors do. And seeing that Amelia needs help, and I can't give it to her... It hurts me inside to see a patient like this."

"Please, doctor..."

Head hanging low, the doctor gave a small nod. "I'll see what I can do, what I can bring to your home. Find a room that we can set everything up in, then we'll move her there. Just be careful when doing so. I'm afraid what it could do in her current state."

~♥~

Extremely short, stupid, first chapter. I could kick myself.

I know this is not what people were expecting... But it's just an idea that I've always wanted to try out. Hopefully you guys now understand the caption that's on the banner.

This is probably not up to standard, but seeing as I've been distracted by guests in our house (it's my birthday, and apparently we have to celebrate it -_-)... Yeah. They probably sucked out my inspiration for the day.

Thanks for reading, and have a good day!

20 comments:

  1. I didn't know what to expect but now I do. AMAZING Chapter Destiny. And Happy Birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was odd.. I hope you're okay 'Lia. Pretty odd for you two huh?
    DON'T KICK YOURSELF! I thought it was good :)
    Please don't let happen what happened to her twin because then i'll slap you with a fish!
    ..But I know it won't happen because it's only chapter one of generation 3, so we're cool. Trolol XD
    That 'Trolol' didn't even need to be there.. but imma leave it there for your enjoyment anyway :p
    I have been reading by the way but you get chapters out so quickly I have to catch up then end up not commenting but know that every post you put out I definitely read :D

    Oh and before I gooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Bit OTT there but oh well
















    HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAAY
    Enjoy the celebrations, you sure deserve them!:D

    Your red head freak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd doesn't completely cover it, but something along those lines.

      Oh, don't worry, she's not dying. I won't make my heiresses die, they're too special (and usually too pretty to even think of doing something like that).

      Haha, you seem to have picked up some new trolling skills.

      I'm on vacation (for another two weeks *fistpump*), and I'm sooooooooooo bored, seeing as my friends are away, and only get back within the next couple of days. So till then, I'm writing my heart out.

      Thank you, Liana, especially for the post on my wall. It made me laugh. :D

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!!!! Ooh, the guy is a ginger?? Omg. Awesome. I liked the chapter and am curious about the rest of the chapters. Oh, and I've been reading you baby challenge, and how did you get quads??? I've tried everything and can only get triplets.
    -al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, now that I've thought about it, is this gonna be like avatar??? When she's sleeping in one world, she'll be awake in the other???
      -al

      Delete
    2. Thanks!

      Well, quadruplets isn't part of the game's programming, but I wanted it for my story anyhow. So, I made it that Destiny had twins, and the other two I spawned using Mastercontroller.

      I thought about doing that, but decided against it. She'll mostly be dreaming, and wake up only once after some sort of disaster I can't really talk about yet. ^_^ The waking up part will be extremely interesting.

      Delete
    3. I can't wait!!!
      -al

      Delete
    4. I'm just gonna cast my vote for Richard now. *.* And every time I listen to TITANIUM by David guetta, I think of Space and aliens.
      -al

      Delete
    5. I LOVE THAT SONG! It's like, one of my favorites, ever. I'm gonna go listen to it now and see if I get the same image in my head.

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I already left a note on your wall on fb, but still...HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!! :D

    That was....interesting O.o like, really interesting. So she's dreaming, but not...I thought she actually got like launched into outer space and then caught by aliens, but....she didn't O.o Anyway, I hope she's alright....THIS REMINDS ME OF INCEPTION!! :D Like a dream within a dream O.o Didn't I relate something else to inception on your blog? I can't remember.... :/

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS IZZI! For the note and being an awesome friend... And for commenting, let's never forget that.

      You know what's the funny thing? I've never even WATCHED Inception, but I keep hearing about it. O_O Yeah, I'm not one for watching too many movies.

      ...>.>

      Delete
  5. Oooohhh....I am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is an...interesting idea, isn't it? Thanks, Cassie!

      Delete
  6. It doesn't matter that it was short, I loved it anyways. Like Cassie said, I am intrigued. Aliens are so cool. I think this will be my favorite generation. :D

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be my favorite generation as well...but I'm already excited for the next gen, which kinda dampens my feelings, but I'm trying to avoid it. ^_^

      Thanks for commenting, Dawn!

      Delete
  7. This is such a great start! I can't wait to meet the aliens more. Eep, this is so good, Destiny!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! I'm working on creating even more aliens, so you'll get to see a great variety of them.

      Delete
  8. Wow...

    I've been gone for a while and I pull up the webpage and I see...Aliens???
    At first I thought I was on the wrong page!

    So yeah...thats a twist...

    Awesome Awesome story that sounds really exciting! And do I see love triangle forming? Your banner sure looks like it.

    Fawnester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, boy. That must've been a shock to see. O_o

      Thank you! And...it might happen...I'm still thinking about it. ^_^

      Delete