Saturday 14 July 2012

Generation 3, Chapter 7: Breakaway

I had no idea why they came here to the Crystal Mines.


Before me stood Tyler and Shannon, observing the stars through the telescope. Both of them looked excited. Perhaps because I told them I finally got the information from Copper that we all needed, and when they were done, I would reveal it to them.


Little did they know I had no intention of doing that.


If this was a game going on inside my mind which I had to beat, I had to trust no one, especially not those that appeared to be on my side.


They were the part of my mind prohibiting me from waking up...which in itself was a fact that spooked me. How was it that my mind was divided into two parts? The evil side that was winning, and the good part, that was growing smaller by the second, almost vanquished.


I had not known that I had the capacity to be evil, especially in my imagination.
The smile on Shannon's face grew more pronounced. Even Tyler seemed to be quite happy, though it didn't show on his face, more in the way he stood in a relaxed position. Quite unusual behavior for him, showing emotion like that. I had come to know him as a cold person.

"It's beautiful...," Shannon gaped at the sight in front of her. She seemed to be looking at the moon of this fair planet. "To think that past that moon lies our solar system, and in that system, our planet. So close, but so far... We need that information, Amelia. We need to get out of here as soon as possible."

"I swear, one more day on this freaking planet and I'm gonna die," Tyler grumbled, shuddering at the thought.
The duo seemed so excited. A little too excited...as if it was fake. It dawned on me then why they wanted to know how to get off of the planet. So they could destroy it and trap us all here and, eventually, take over the planet for themselves and use the aliens as slaves.

It was an extreme hypothesis, but everything was already at its extreme. What difference would it made if it a little more craziness was added into the recipe?

"You can drop the act, you know," crossing my arms in front of me, I waited till the two turned around to face me. "I can see through your little charade. I know of your plot."
Their reaction was to be expected. Stunned faces, looking aghast, not believing that I could just have accused them of that. Innocent looking in appearance, but incredibly evil in reality.

"How can you say that, Amelia? We've done nothing wrong. In fact, we're trying to help you," Shannon took a step back from me, afraid of my hostile stance.

"The aliens have messed with your head, Amelia," Tyler pointed out, the same expression of fake apprehension on his face. "They've made you think that no one else can be trusted. They would kill you the first chance they'd get in reality. We're the ones that have the guts to go against them. How can you not see that?"
"Oh, I can see that...," something almost like a chuckle escaped through my lips. A dark chuckle, perhaps. "My sister opened my eyes...more like the image of my sister. A hallucination." They raised their eyebrows as I spoke. "No matter how I came to see it, I did. You're doing this for all of the wrong reasons. You're the evil ones. That's why most of the aliens capture you for research, isn't it? Because they see the capacity for darkness inside you and want to stop it. And Shannon, you never did say where you got your uniform. You most likely killed an alien to get it. You both act extremely shady all the time, so secretive. Too secretive, in fact. So, please, confess to your sins, so we might start our relationship again,with no skeletons in the closet."

The innocent looks on their faces slowly drained away, replaced by a blank stare. Shannon wordlessly looked at Tyler, who nodded in response.
Finally, the perfect composure they had kept for so long had slipped, and their expressions turned to that of disgust. They didn't like the fact that I had figured out their true intentions.

"You could have ruled this world with us, Amelia. You could have been queen  of the aliens someday. Now, you have doomed yourself. You have to die, otherwise you might muck the entire plan up. We can just cover it up as an accident," Tyler slowly spoke the words. Their collective dark natures was suffocating me, making me feel small in comparison to them. I had to get away.
"I'm not gonna die. This is my dream, and I can do exactly what I want. That includes running away from bastards such as you!" As I cried those words, I inched towards the stairs, and when I saw Shannon's hand leaping out to catch my arm, I turned around and ran. I didn't stop at all, just choosing a direction and running towards it.

If I did stop, if I did turn my head around to check if they were following me, I might not live to regret it. 
Of course, it did not occur to me that there would be an end to the path I had chosen. It led to a crystal mine, and the doorway to the mine had been sealed shut by pieces of wood, too strong for my arms to break.

I was out of breath, out of energy. There was no where else to go, as I had did not have the power to run to a new location, back to the house of the aliens. To safety.

Here I would meet my demise, it seemed.
"If only miracles existed in the real world, and in my head...," I groaned, my hand pushed against my head, trying to ease the pounding of the blood.

"They might not exist in the real world, but they certainly exist here," someone chuckled close to me.

At first, I thought I was doomed. It was probably Shannon, coming to gloat before they slowly killed me. But it didn't sound like her.

"Charlotte," sighing, I tilted my head to sneak a peek. Yup, that was her. "Now is not the best time to start a conversation."
"I'm not here to start a conversation," it was a snide comment, something that was typical of Charlotte. My mind was truly accurate at recreating a person's personality. "I'm here to offer a tidbit advice. You said this was your dream, that you control everything. Don't you realize that you can control your location? You can literally wish yourself out of here if you wanted to. Of course, you might experience some consequences. There are always consequences to decisions, but seeing as this one might save your butt, well... Just think about it."

Was what she (technically me) proposed true? It sounded preposterous at first glance, but it was an option to consider. And at that point, I didn't have a lot of options.

"So I just concentrate real hard and wish myself away from here? Sounds too easy."

"It could be harder, but seeing that you know this is a dream your mind has opened that option to you. Now go, save yourself, sister." The image of Charlotte shimmered away. I could hear approaching footsteps, replacing the silence that had followed her departure.

I'm in control of my dream, I'm in control of everything... Come on, Amelia, you can do this..., the words ran through my head, over and over again.

When I opened my eyes, everything had changed.
"Chambray?" my eyes fluttered as I slowly processed the image in front of me. I had done it. I had just transported myself away from certain doom, back to safety, without the use of technology.

Having powers, even if it was only in a dream, was really awesome.

"Oh, hey, Lia...," Chambray muttered, her eyes focused on the chessboard. "I didn't hear you come in. How long have you been sitting there?"

"Uh... Not long. I was just checking how long it would take for you to notice me sitting here," I laughed nervously. Fooling Chambray about my entrance was easy. But it wouldn't be so easy to fool Copper. He would ask questions as to how I slipped past him.
In the end, there was no reason to have to explain everything to Copper. He stormed in, not even slightly shocked at seeing me there. He did seem afraid, but definitely not because of me.

"They're attacking. Not with people, but with technology. They're going to bombard this place. We have to leave using the transporter, immediately."

He spoke so fast, I could hardly comprehend what he had said. All that stood out was that someone was attacking.

"Who, brother? Who would do such a thing?" Chambray jumped up from her seat, moving towards him.

"I don't know how, but... It's the humans."
"Humans?" I gawked at Copper's stunned face. "You mean...my kind? Why would they do such a thing?"

"Rising up against their captors, perhaps," Copper suggested. "Maybe they wish to save you. Whatever the reason, we need to leave. If you wish to come with us, then you'll have to keep up with us. We move incredibly fast under stressful situations."

Copper, stressed?

That meant the situation was truly a dire one.

Things were starting to piece together. It was my fault that the humans suddenly decided to attack. As Charlotte had said, by saving my own butt, I had to face the consequences.

She never did explain that they would be so dire.

~♥~

It's weird, but I didn't have a fun time writing this. It may have found its way into how the sentences were phrased, so be on the lookout for it.

But there is some good news...

Amelia is gonna be waking up in ze next chapter. I'm excited for that, which is why this chapter, let's call it a filler of sorts, is so crappy.

Now, an important part of this ending...

I'm in search of an editor that can help clean up with the small mistakes I make while writing - I am often too lazy to go back and read everything, so there are often a lot of things that need to be corrected.

So, if you're interested, just let me know. ^_^

17 comments:

  1. I often make mistakes too so I wouldn't be an ideal editor. Anyway, for a second I had thought Shannon and Tyler was going to kill her but then I was like, 'Wait this is a legacy, how can the heir die!'

    Anyway, I hope they get away from the 'Humans' and I REALLY cannot wait for the next chapter. AMELIA IS WAKING UP!

    Enough of my ranting, This chapter was great, got me really curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen legacies where the heiress has died...but in mine, that won't happen likely.

      Yup, she is. I was getting incredibly bored of the whole dream state, so... >.> Time for her to wake up!

      Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment, Kurtis.

      Delete
    2. Oh and you are very welcome :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! I cant wait for Amelia to wake up! the next chapter is going to be awesome!
    I know how you feel... Im in the processes of writing a filler chapter too :p
    you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will live up to your expectations. ^_^

      They're really hard, aren't they? Well, that's how it feels to me. I feel as if I'm writing a load of crap.

      Aw, thank you...you're too kind. *.*

      Delete
  3. Hm... I think I may be an ideal editor cause all I do is read and play sims, but I don't have an email or anything like that. But....l can't wait for Amelia to wake up!!!
    -al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should consider making an account for such purposes!

      Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. Man... Amelia has dreamed up some crazy people. O.o
    Makes for an awesome story though.

    I can't wait for her to wake up now! :D

    I would be willing to edit for you. I'm thinking of becoming a book editor anyways, so this could be good practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure has a...unique imagination. Some would say she herself is crazy. >.>

      It sure does! I love playing around with such characters.

      We should talk more on Facebook about that... I would love to have you aboard as editor. :D

      Delete
  5. Uh oh. Well there is typical Charlotte. Even while she helps you, she gets you in a heap of trouble.

    Great chapter. I am super excited for her awakening. Except for that Chambrey and Copper will dissapear. I really want to know what happens next!

    Fawnester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Amelia created a very very accurate representation of her sister. :D

      The only sad part of it all. I wish I could keep them around in some way, like ghosts in Amelia's conscience, but I already have something else planned like that, so it won't work.

      Delete
  6. Are you going to show them escaping in the next chapter or is she going to just wake up?

    Fawnester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am. I won't be showing too much of an attack (special effects in the game don't really offer too much on that subject), but a little more of Amelia's escape and transition back to the real world.

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Ooooh omg!! Can I please be an editor? I would absolutely LOVE that. I can spell better than my dad, and I always get an A in english :D lolz. Anyway, sorry I'm like, bragging, but I just want you to know that I would love to be an editor!! :DDDDD

    Onto the chapter, EXCITING STUFF. NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE. NOW. RIGHT NOW. :) jkay. Take as long as you want, so it's perfect :D

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've messaged you concerning that topic. You'll have to make a Blogspot account, though... >.> Not sure if that would be a problem.

      That's...freaky. O_o being able to spell better than your father. 'Course, I can spell (and pronounce) words better than my sister, and she actually wants to become an English teacher... Her logic is flawed. -_-

      I'M WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW. If only I can tear myself away from listening to Ellie Goulding songs... Thanks for commenting, Izzi!

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I'd love to be an editor... but so many other people are already asking to be one. Goodness, I was a little late. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

    Hmmm, I finally caught up and I can't stress this enough, I love how deep your story line is. I mean, you actually go in depth with the characters' personalities and everything. After reading that last three chapters, I am very excited for Amelia to wake up. Her kids are so old, she needs to wake up!

    And poor Ric. I feel so bad for him. Also, the whole hallucination with Charlotte thing is honestly creeping me out. I'm glad she explained that whole dream thing to Amelia but it would be creepy if someone just appeared and started talking to me. Especially if that someone was supposed to be dead.

    Can't wait for the next post! I'm excited to see what her reaction to entering real life is going to be like.

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messaged you 'bout that. :D it's never too late for you, amico. ^_^

      That's so...you're too kind, Molly. :D

      I would too...anyone would! Well, any sane human being, that is.

      Thank you, Molly!

      ~♥~

      Delete